Orlando The I-4 Parking Lot

Help moving please!

Old 05-23-2008, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help moving please!

I need to move from winter haven, fl to lakeville (or canaan) CT for skip barber and i need a good deal. they are only giving me 1k for travel and its gonna take all of that and more just to get a truck and trailer. my car has to be towed on a full trailer and not a dolly cuz my exhaust will scrap if its a dolly. the truck doesnt have to be very big at all, but most make you use a larger truck if u tow a car.

does anyone here have an in, or a way they can get me a discount or something? im going nuts trying to figure out how i can get there and still have money to actually find a place to live when i do.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:46 PM

If you're towing your car, why not get a dolly, and then just unbolt the exhaust?

Alternatively, you could have a transport company move your car for you... i had a truck towed from here to California, and it cost about $600 for the run across the country... surely a run up the coast couldn't cost much. Then, you could just rent the smaller truck, and be good to go for much less...
Old 05-23-2008, 06:24 PM

it would only be like 50 less for a dolly and it wouldnt really solve my problems. also id have to CUT off the exhaust i just had welded on today, but then my gas tank would probably scrap... have u seen how low the new car is? haha and its got blown shocks to boot.

also i dont think any transport would charge less than uhaul charges for the trailer and with uhauls smallest trailer (10foot) its almost 800 and the trialer is like 250. so im over my 1k with uhauls smallest trailer and on top of that its gonna cost of fortune in gas!

im very depressed now.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:00 PM

Hmmm... how about buying a trailer hitch on the back of the Saturn, and maybe tow a small utility traler packed to the brim with your stuff? then drive the Sat up there... Yea, you may have to leave some stuff (furniture), but you couldp robably pick up some cheap stuff when you get up there... Get yourself an inflatable mattress and you're golden!

outside the box man, outside the box! Do what you have to for the job, its worth it!
Old 05-23-2008, 07:08 PM

In addition to John's idea, a Turtletop carrier could handle a lot of smaller items. It might put a strain on the Saturn but fuel wise you would probably be better off with a trailer and top carrier. It might also be cheaper in the long run to sell the big stuff and find a good second hand store when you get up there as this is not a perminent move.
When are you moving?
Rich
Old 05-23-2008, 07:16 PM

he needs to bring his tool chest...

But I like the idea of trailering behind the saturn, but you will need newer shocks for that.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:14 AM

I have a durango I will let you borrow.

I really do have one if you need it, It was a trade in and I dont have a title for it so now it is my work bitch.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:22 PM

no way in hell im driving a 8mpg thing all the up there and back down to u sorry man haha sebring to ur house was bad enough!
Old 05-25-2008, 04:38 AM

A U-Haul Truck = Fuel Efficient?
Old 05-25-2008, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by xupthree60,May 25 2008, 01:22 AM
no way in hell im driving a 8mpg thing all the up there and back down to u sorry man haha sebring to ur house was bad enough!
apprantly beggers can be choosers

Quick Reply: Help moving please!