Orlando The I-4 Parking Lot

Need help with radio door install.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with radio door install.

Went and purchased the CR radio door from hardtopguy, my current oem door has a nice scratch on it. Looked at a few DIY's on this site and I just feel nervous about doing it my self. Was wondering if anyone local has done this before and wouldnt mind lending me a hand.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:52 AM

Can you post pics of it installed once done? I'm looking to do the same thing.

I've never taken the door all the way out, but I have taken the piece off that it's connected to. It's pretty easy. Just make sure you take off the center console than pull on it or you will break some clips.

Curious to see what it ends up looking like.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:56 AM

Sure thing. Yea I heard that you have to take off the console and there are parts that can break easy if your not carefull, which is why I would rather have someone who has done this before to help me out.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:49 AM

do a search there is a diy thread, it;s pretty easy.... the only thing I would add to the diy thread is take a piece of stiff wire (home depot any color 14 gauge, buy a foot) strip about an inch from the wire, and use the stripped wire casing to cover the spring and extend it so it's easier to put the assembly back together, if you were in south florida I would give you a hand

Mitch
Old 08-20-2009, 12:08 PM

I have seen the DIY's on this and after reading them im not too sure about doing it by my self. Im wondering if I took the car to Honda would they do it? And how much would they charge?
Old 08-20-2009, 12:16 PM

way more than it's worth, it should take no more than 20 minutes at most
Old 08-20-2009, 12:55 PM

Unless they changed it drastically with the AP2's, it was like a 15 minute job. I don't mind helping you out if you want. I live over on the UCF side of town.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:12 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

From what I have read, you have to remove the door housing.
I have removed my door housing more than a dozen times on my '05.

First, you need to pry off the center hard plastic console that surrounds the shifter. You don't have to remove it, just move it back a couple of inches because you will want to slide out the door housing towards the gear shifter.

On AP2's, you need to pull up the center console so that the housing has room to slide out towards you. I don't think that you have to with AP1's.

Once you have the console pulled back, Get a wide blade screwdriver and wrap the end once with electrical tape so you do not damage the console. Place the screwdriver at the top of the housing (above the vents) and gently pry the housing out toward you, slightly pulling on the door.

I wish I could be of more help but I am really busy the next couple of days.

Good Luck,
Thraak
Old 08-21-2009, 04:10 PM

So, it is different. I remember on the AP1 I could just pop out the whole bezel and radio door without removing anything else. I remember the hardest part of putting the AP2 radio door in my car was getting the spring to sit perfectly.

Where's the how-to? I'll take a look at it and see how much more is involved. If it's not too bad, I'll still help you out.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:20 PM

It is EASY to do. Taking the door out is the hardest part on the AP2, that damn console is in the way. OZ if you still have my number give me a call and I will show you how it is done, if not PM me and I will give it to you.

Quick Reply: Need help with radio door install.