Orlando The I-4 Parking Lot

Preferred Body Shop in Orlando Area?

Old 04-11-2010, 07:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Preferred Body Shop in Orlando Area?

I just got my new Insight, then hit a chunk of wood in the road that flew up and put a big dent in my door down to the bare metal (aluminum). I'm also figuring that I'd like to get my mirrors painted while I'm in there.

I'd like the door to not look too crappy - any suggestions? I'm figuring I'll probably take the mirrors apart so they can get a better paint job.

BTW, luckily, I got a $100 comprehensive deductible!!

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2010, 09:36 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

A friend of mine told me about this certified Mercedes bodyshop that also works on other high-end cars, including a local golf celebrity's prized Porsche.

So, I brought my S and Accord to Brennan Bodyworks. They are not happy until you are 100% satisified with their craftsmanship. I am a perfectionist, and I am 100% satisied.

They are not cheap, but I believe that they are the best. If anyone would like to contact them, I feel totally comfortable recommending them.

They are:
Brennan Bodyworks
4198 Mercy Industrial Ct.
Orlando, Fla.
(407) 295-6642

Dan Brennan is The Man!

Sincerely,
Thraak
Old 04-11-2010, 09:42 AM

For a small job, percentagewise, how much more expensive do you think they'd be vs other shops?
Old 04-11-2010, 10:53 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

That I really don't know. I do know that if time and money is no object and perfection is what you want, their work speaks for itself.

The two times that i've used them, I had a $500 deductible so it didn't matter to me what they charged.

When my Accord got hit, their estimate was the same as the company that Honda recommended. Brennan's even replaced the oem wheel whereas the other estimate was to repair it. The outcome was awesome.

The first time I went to Brennan was because of a dime sized damage from a frozen paintball. It was vandalism to my rear quarter panel. The estimate came to $1700. This was because they fixed it right. You would never know there was a repair done. They even took it to Bob's Top Shop (In business since 1973), to remove the top because they wanted to clearcoat under the rubber convertible moulding, not right up to it. They are meticulous!

I am sure there are other great shops, I just trust Bennan's.

Brennan Bodyworks

Thraak
Old 04-11-2010, 01:16 PM

Hot damn, that's awesome! I'm definitely going to have to check them out. I hope its not too crazy high... This is for my $6k Insight!
Old 04-11-2010, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well right now my car is at the body shop and am really picky with my car and believe me i take care of my car more than i do anything in this world and i only trust one person and thats where my car is right now. he is a really cool guy and he knows his stuff. and is located in kissimmee at michigan Ave.. and its called Jimmys body shop. cant wait until he is done with my car. he is the one painting my car and my new hardtop.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:57 AM

samuel's auto
Old 04-12-2010, 04:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sunrise Autobody painted my car and Maggies car, also did Obie's car, Radio Zero's trunk, and about 5 other S2000's around here. Next week they are going to get started on the van I am restoring right now to turn it into the Mystery Machine.

Talk to Mark he is the painter, and tell him Josh from B.A.S. sent you.
407-699-9767
Old 04-12-2010, 08:56 AM

So I just got it checked out by Progressive. The bastards changed their mind and decided it'd be covered under my $1,000 collision coverage, not my $100 comprehensive charge (even though they found exactly what I told them, how I told them it happened.

Does anyone know about insurance to a good extent? if I hit a piece of road debris that comes up and hits my car, should that be considered collision or comprehensive?

Anyway, they did find a bunch of small things with the underside of the car that I probably won't fix. They gave me $250 after the deductible - I'm hoping that I can just fix the door with it.

Thanks for the numbers, I'm going to call around.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:16 AM

Going into Brennan Bodyworks today. Also found that I can get a new door shipped to me for around $250 - I wonder how much of a pain it would be to install though...

Someone else recommended Samuel's too, so if Brennan is too pricey, I'll check them out, as well as Speedy's recommendation and any others.

Thanks again for all of your help, guys!

Quick Reply: Preferred Body Shop in Orlando Area?