Ottawa S2000 Owners Ottawa Canada and area

I'm new to Ottawa and will be bringing my car out in May

Old 04-12-2004, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm new to Ottawa and will be bringing my car out in May

Hello....

I just wanted to send a shout out to see what other S2000 owners are located in the Ottawa region. I moved here at the beginning of May and have noticed a few S2K's. I saw a red one with it's top down going under the Queensway south yesterday. Also yesterday I saw a blue one up in Rockcliffe. There was also a grey one with a hardtop parked yesterday on Sommerset W. About 3 weeks ago I saw a Spa yellow with a hardtop parked in the market.

Anyways I have an 01 Spa yellow that I can't wait to get out here cause the weather is just getting better.

I was transferred here for work from Winnipeg where i was into autocrossing it with some other S2K owners that I met through the Winnipeg Sports Car Club.

I hope to meet you guys and see what rides and mods you have done.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome hapa!

Damn I thought I was the only SPA yellow S2k in Ottawa Oh well I guess I'm the only one in Kanata

You saw one in the market.... well it wasn't me so that means there are 2 more, that one, mine and yours. Didn't know there was a blue one either!

You must have set some kind of record for seeing S2k's, I've only ever seen a silver one!

Our membership is growing!

P.S. Why not take your car out now? It's going to be 20 degrees this weekend!
Old 04-13-2004, 06:56 PM

I would bring mine out but it's in he basement of a parking garage in Winnipeg. Hopefully out soon!

How many guys on the board here regularly meet?

Do any of you guys Autocross your cars? I head that there are some events at the Corel Center in the summer.

can't wait to meet some of you guys
Old 04-21-2004, 04:57 AM

Fongu, autocrosses, I can't really afford it right now, possibly in a few years, we'll see once the car is paid for

Are you driving the car from Winnipeg?
Old 04-21-2004, 08:51 AM

Welcome!!

I have an 03 GPW/Blue, living in the valley (Pembroke area).

Why don't you come out to the Ottawa Prelude club's first meet.

May 8th at 2pm, at Southkeys Shopping Centre. Right now, there are over 30 cars registered to show up. I'll be there.

Check out www.ottawaprelude.ca under the events forum for further info!!
Old 04-21-2004, 09:06 AM

Oh I also go to Tuesday's Cruise nights at Hazeldean mall in Kanata, that's always fun as there is tons of nice cars that come to show + door prizes.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:56 AM

Welcome hapa!

And yes I do indeed autocross. The MCO runs the events and you can get the scheduled days at http://www.mco.org . Check the schedule as we don't get parking lot priority, so the dates might change. Shouldn't be a problem now the Senators are out though.

Wing it's not that expensive, ~$30 for an event. Cheapest way to spin your car with a cheering crowd
Old 04-21-2004, 06:35 PM

Fongu, I'm more concerned about the tires and brakes
Old 04-22-2004, 01:18 PM

Autocross is nothing like doing a track day or HPDE. A couple hours of high speed hot laps can really chew up tires and brakes depending on how hard you go.

4-6 one minute "relatively slow" runs aren't going to do much. If you run street tires I'm pretty sure you won't notice any increased tire or brake wear, especially if you are new to it.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:20 PM

hey guys...I haven't checked the boards in a week or so...I was back in Winnipeg, and my car is now in transit to Ottawa. It should arrive here for May 1st or 2nd I am told.

03AP1 I will try to come out to the prelude meeting.

Fongu. I am interested in seeing what the autocross scene is here in Ottawa. I autocrossed it for 3 events last summer, as I just bought the car in lat August.

I can't wait to meet some of you guys.

03AP1 I was also in Pembrooke yesterday on business.

I need to find a decent parking spot as I found a place to live in the Glebe, but it dosen't have a garage, so I want to find something hopefully not too expensive and decently close by!

Quick Reply: I'm new to Ottawa and will be bringing my car out in May