Ottawa S2000 Owners Ottawa Canada and area

Waiting for Parts is Driving Me Crazy!

Old 07-10-2007, 07:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much for the battery? 3lbs? That's retarded! I'm going to need a new one soon. I leave my truck open for 10 min and it cranks slow.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:58 PM

Fongu:

your mods going to be ready by August long weekend? If you're in town, would you mind meeting up? I'll be in Ottawa that weekend for a wedding and I want to see how much of a gain I'll see with John's stuff before I commit to it.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The battery is expensive, as far as batteries go, but it's cheap compared to any other S2000 mod. James I know you don't really have to worry about having a large capacity battery, but for anyone else there are bigger ones too. Oh BTW, I'll probably have an extra battery if you need it

http://www.voltphreaks.com/home.html

Borbor, don't really know if it will be done by then, but I'm guessing less than a 50% chance. Supposedly the Hytech should have my header and cams ready this week. The Hondata is not yet released, supposed to be mid-July, but that has already been pushed back from May. I also have to get the AP2 sensors and valve cover orderd. Not to mention setting up the tuning time. If by some miracle it is done, yeah no problem showing off
Old 07-11-2007, 08:13 AM

Yeah for the amount I drive the car, I certainly do not need a high capacity battery, as long as it can run my trailer lights.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:16 AM

Only $225? That's cheap, a standard battery is $100 and those lightweight ones are about $150+
Old 07-11-2007, 08:39 AM

Wow the car is going to be sweet ! As for comparing it to a stock car, let me know, my car is as stock as it gets for the moment. My K&N FIPK is on the way but that can always be removed to compare stock vs wild .
Old 07-16-2007, 06:13 PM

Got the battery in the mail today. And it really is 3 lbs, crazy light.

The actual battery is encased in a plastic box, that weave on the front is faux carbon fiber tape. The battery is a nanophosphate lithium, supposedly a safe variant of lithium ion batteries that are found in laptops, so it is dry and solid, unlike a typical lead acid battery. I hear it moving around when the battery is shook hard. Wonder if something going break internally when it is installed on the car. The other hokey thing is the two bonus holes near the terminals that are covered by electrical tape. Obviously it was a redrill through the casing to fix existing stock. Not really commercial quality, but not surprising from a small company.

Going to install it sometime this week to see how it works out.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:24 AM

How was it shipped and total cost shipped? I might copy you... probably next summer though I'm not sure my battery will last another winter and I don't need it right now.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:36 AM

I'd be curious to know how well the anti bumpsteer kit works. What does it entail?

Zeiss
Old 07-18-2007, 08:47 AM

The battery was $254 USD shipped by USPS, plus the PST/GST at the border. The price is supposed to go back to $300 USD after this summer.

The anti-bumpsteer kit, is a replacement for the rear suspension control arm. It length is changed to lessen the toe change through the suspension travel. The AP1 geometry had a lot of toe curve that helped with rotating the car during cornering. Great for flat roads, but hit a mid-corner bump and the car's rear end becomes unstable. I would find that the rear would swim or bunny hop when cornering over bumpy roads. The kit reduces the sensitivity to bumpy roads and makes throttle oversteer more controllable. It probably gives up ultimate cornering potential, but in real world, real driver conditions it is worth the trade off.

Quick Reply: Waiting for Parts is Driving Me Crazy!