Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Any of you interested in installing FIAM air horns?

Old 08-14-2001, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any of you interested in installing FIAM air horns?

We all know how fond we are of the stock horns.

It'd be great if I could do an install with someone who knows something about doing electrical stuff for the car. Cheap, too.
Old 08-14-2001, 01:41 PM

Ben,

I've got the Fiamm non-air horns. They're louder than the stock horn, and the install was easy (no new wiring).

Here's the topic with pictures: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&highlight=horn

I think I have horn envy, though. I need the power to scare SUV drivers, talking on their cell phones, merging into and over me , back into their own damn lane, preferably while soiling their undies and upholstery in the process.

If you get an install party going, count me in!

Ted

p.s. It would be a good idea to figure out all the pieces needed, and how to get it all done, before hand. Things like extra brackets, wiring, relays, fuses, etc. Also, spray paint to paint the horn, compressor, and maybe some of the air conditioning hardware while we're in there. Plus tools. And someone who knows their way around an electrical circuit, so our brake lights don't go out when we honk.
Old 08-14-2001, 02:20 PM

Are the Ferrariesque ones the air horns?

Ted, from the posts I've read on here, it sounds like it's pretty dang simple. Just that we need this fuse. We don't have to remove the bumper, just the air guide which I've done before. We do want to make sure the air horns aren't pointing forward but towards the side so that crap doesn't get in there.

All those interested, please post. Hopefully, Ray won't have to bail us out again.
Old 08-14-2001, 02:39 PM

I am interested, but I am an electric airhead, so I will need all the help I can get.
Old 08-14-2001, 02:48 PM

I thought the air horn compressor drew too much juice to use without a relay. And the stock horn wire is really wimpy.

Taking off the bumper is pretty easy once you know how (and have the Helm manual and a socket set). I can supply tools, Helm manual, and bumper removal experience (if necessary, it's easy once you know how).

But I think we need to get the electrical stuff figured out. All the posts I've read on air horn installs talked about needing a relay. Hmmm... just looked at the FAQ, it says just a fuse upgrade. The key is can you stand on the brake pedal and hold down the horn for 5-10 seconds without blowing anything. Maybe the Fiamm compressor draws less than the Hella one that a lot of people are using. I wonder how the sound compares between the two brands.
Old 08-14-2001, 03:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Replacing the fuse and throwing in some larger gauge cabling would be pretty simple. Why a relay would be needed I cannot imagine. I would recommend that we complete the task on one car first. Our Ginnea Pig car will allow us to work out all of the problems without having five people stand around wasting time. Too many cooks spoil the pot.
Old 08-14-2001, 03:51 PM

Jerry,

I bow to your knowledge of things with electrons, but do take a look at previous threads about installing air horns and the need for a relay.

Good call on doing one first.
Old 08-14-2001, 04:23 PM

I'd love to be the guinea pig! Let's set up a date and time and place.
Old 08-14-2001, 05:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wanted to do my calipers this weekend. Swing your car by my place this weekend. Give me a call or shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do.
Old 08-14-2001, 05:21 PM

Let me know if you guys want one more cook to spoil the soup. Seriously, it is a lot easier with the bumper off, so if you haven't done it before, give me a holler.

Quick Reply: Any of you interested in installing FIAM air horns?