Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Any of you interested in installing FIAM air horns?

Old 08-15-2001, 08:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

(1) Trying to raise the tone

(2) It's a nice, more powerful sound, with two distinctly different combined notes.

(3) Sunday is good for me, but it's a bit far to travel j/k

(4) I would have thought that whichever type you go for, you can get them in a blister pack with all the bits you need, relays, brackets etc. That's how I got mine.

(5) What was the matter with 'Spaceneedle'??
Old 08-15-2001, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In another thread, https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...?threadid=20803
xviper describes his non-air horn installation in some detail.

In a PM to me responding to a question, Reedz said,

"No additional work was required using this diagram." (The wiring diagram in Rick's thread about air horn installation). "Both of us simply followed the diagram, making sure to use a good relay (which either comes with the horns, or a better one can be found at Radio Shack), and finding a good place to mount."

Perhaps these will be helpful.

cal
Old 08-15-2001, 09:43 AM

Ben,

Ted, did you already do this?!
Uh, try reading my first reply to you in this topic! Like I said, those horns are really easy, no compressor, no new wires. They are louder and sound better than the stock 'thing', but not loud enough to make SUV owners pee themselves. You should listen to 'em tomorrow night.

Jerry,

Sunday 11ish works for me, I think. By the way, I believe Ray's got the same horns as me, so he can't give us too much shit!

Cedric,

thanks for dropping by.

Ted

p.s. I'd like to find a place to mount this stuff that's behind the radiator, if they'll still be loud enough (and not blast vital engine components loose ). I'd also want to paint the trumpets and compressor black if they're going anywhere visible, and paint the air-conditioning hardware that's visible from the front. I also believe the compressor requires periodic maintenance, so keep that in mind.
Old 08-15-2001, 10:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

11am? Geeze you guys wake up early on the weekends. 11am sounds good, but I'll be a little groggy. I am normally out clubbing Wednesday - Saturday, and getting home by 3am is the execption for me. Let's do it, just please bear with my state.
Old 08-15-2001, 01:46 PM

If you workout, you'll be better able to keep that crap from getting down on you, man. Why do you think I workout?

11am sounds good. Jerry's place. I'm going to go look for FIAMM air horns tonite. And, Ted, I totally missed your post! Maybe the "crap" is getting to me.
Old 08-15-2001, 03:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I saw you cruising in Bellevue this morning. You talk pretty tough for somebody working part-time.

I already do three days a week at the gym, and I am out dancing at least 20 hours a week. Between the seven day work week, and all the damn fun I am cramming in, I am lucky to get four hours of sleep a night. Its the pack a day that's killing me.

Again, let me know if the horns you pick up are a kit. I need to pick up some tools on Friday, and I can grab the miscellaneous electrical bits at the same time.
Old 08-15-2001, 04:51 PM

Me thinks we need a push-up contest sometime soon. I'll show you what's up, Smoker. And then we'll have a little pick-up contest at the clubs and I'll show you what's up again.

If you are working out, you're not doing it right, buddy. If you really want to make good use of your time in the gym, hire a personal trainer.

But to stay on topic, I went down to Schuck's and picked up the air horns. Doesn't say FIAMM, but I compared it to the FIAMMs at another store and they look the same minus the color. The ones I picked up are red and the compressor is all metal, made in Italy. A lot of the people on the board have the blue ones with the blue plastic top, but I don't give a ****. These should work fine.

Still not sure what else we need other than the 20amp fuse. As for mounting, maybe Ted can kick in and shed some light on this. I'm counting on you guys! I suck at this stuff.
Old 08-15-2001, 06:56 PM

Ben,

got your phone message. I'm not planning to install new horns this weekend, just get in the way/help/learn. Then I'll probably do mine in a couple weeks, if all goes well.
Old 08-16-2001, 06:15 AM

Ben,

Also consider the following install:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=58585

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=52432

This setup has two 12V Hella Supertone Twin horns (rated at 300hz and 500hz). Louder than stock "beep beep" but nothing like a semi-horn. I'm putting these on next weekend. $55 + shipping @ http://www.rallylights.com/search.asp

p.s. don't go posting "Anyone heard of Hella Supertone Twin Horn" on the tech page... like you did on Hytech. haha. j/k
Old 08-16-2001, 12:23 PM

Thanks, buddy. But I think I'll stick with the FIAMMs. I didn't know you put HIDs on your car. You freak.

Quick Reply: Any of you interested in installing FIAM air horns?