Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Freaking Pickup Trucks!

Old 07-19-2013, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh also if it was the other guys fault, you use his insurance, not yours. they should pay for it.

we have progressive and their take was, if our carrier gets involved they would charge us the deductible. if we handled it with the other guys insurance then there wouldn't be any record of it with progressive (our carrier). Progressive only recommended getting them involved if we had some serious problems with geico. Their geico adjuster seemed pretty nice and was really willing to help as much as she could.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:41 AM

Yeah, just to repeat what others are saying, if he admitted fault, then his insurance pays everything. You get in contact with them. Your insurance doesn't even need to know.

Once you are in contact with his insurance and you have a case number or person you can reference, you just give that information to the shop. They will handle the legwork of getting whatever it ends up costing out of his insurance. You don't need to worry about the details.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, I already involved my own insurance (since I didn't know any better). Sounds like I'll have to pay the deductable up front then I'll get it reimbursed later. Kinda sucks, but won't be too horrible.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:23 AM

I'm sorry to see this. Love your car, it's the direction I'm trying to go.. Does this mean we won't be able to work on your lip during the tech day?

That trunk looks totaled, get them to replace it. (I'll buy yours) haha. I wish..
Old 07-19-2013, 12:27 PM

make sure they use OEM NEW PARTS with your bumper. theres this company and thres actually a few, that specialize in "re-manufactured" bumpers. most of the time they are missing tabs or are broken in some way and not properly fixed. my parents had one put on their pilot, they didnt know it of course...and i saw soem major imperfections at the shop. we called them out on it and it turns out it had 2 broken mounting tabs.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by spets
Poor truck? it will buff out. Screw trucks.

I'm going to take it to a few body shops today to get estimates. From the feedback I'm getting, sounds like I should let the shop handle it. Here's my list of shops so far:

- National Auto Collision
- Queen City Auto Rebuild
- RNR Automotive
- Mcleod Auto Body
- Stage Auto

So I guess I'll get all these estimates and take them with me to my adjuster when I meet him on Wednesday.

I already filed a claim, so I guess I'll end up using my collision coverage, and then geico will go get the money from the other guy's insurance, right? Never dealt with this before.
I take ANYTHING of mine that needs body work to Queen City. They are a typical body shop in that it always takes longer than they say, but they do AWESOME work.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:15 PM

Sorry to see this after dent day kinda puts the icing on the cake. Hope all works out for you man.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:02 PM

You get this taken care of yet Spets? I wanted to add that I wouldn't recommend RNR. I took my car there a while ago and had to do 2 or 3 trips before they got it right.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:16 PM

Should be out of the shop on Wednesday or Thursday.

I stopped by today. They are putting the last touches on it before it goes into paint tomorrow. both quarter panels, bumper, wing, and trunk will get a respray.

The crash bar got clipped. It's going to get replaced.

Overall view of the car... the guy was just about to start sanding down the bondo. A little scary looking, but hopefully it will come out good when it's all done.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Bondo. Hard to say its as good as new when you know that's under the paint

id want a fist full of cash to go along with this for some sort of compensation for your loss. Just fixing someone elses caused mistake when its less then what it was wouldn't sit to well with me. I sort of went through that with my car years ago and it still bugs me when I think about it.

Quick Reply: Freaking Pickup Trucks!