Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

im moving to AZ!!!

Old 12-18-2003, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im moving to AZ!!!

sup fellas,

well finally my college edumakashion has done something for me. i got an internship with Intel down in Chandler, AZ. ill be gone from jan thru august. i leave jan 7th. sooooo...

i was wondering if anyone had some tips for me. this will be the first time i have ever lived out of my parents house and the first time i will be on my own (even tho its only a 8 month tenure... ) i got an apartment lined up, i will not be taking the s2000 down, however. i plan on buying some beater car to drive down there and bring that back up here.

anyways, all advice is very welcome.

mike
Old 12-18-2003, 01:58 PM

break up with your gf

don't be a nerd; take the s2000 down there

congrats, man.
Old 12-18-2003, 02:42 PM
lig
Community Organizer

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Chandler is full of very hot latina chicas. Bring the S!

Catch a few Mariner games in nearby Peoria.

Congrats!
Old 12-18-2003, 06:13 PM

mariners games... good idea!

leaving the S2000 at home. #1 costs too much to transport, #2 i cant handle a drive for that long (25 hours+), #3 too much snow in all the passes that i would have to drive over... doable but id rather buy a beater, its something i wanted anyways... engineer = nerd anyways...

keeping the gf. shes good marriage material, even better gf and person... well at least i think so. she already has plane tix to come and visit me. im just not a mike lowry playa like ben hyung... altho, if i do meet some nice chicks, ill send them your way hyung... hoes in different area codes...
Old 12-18-2003, 07:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WRS2K
break up with your gf

don't be a nerd; take the s2000 down there

congrats, man.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:49 AM

I lived in Chandler AZ for 13 months from Feb 2000 until March 2001.

I miss the area very much. I lived off of the 101 and Ray.

I worked at Motorola in Chandler, so good luck in the whole semiconductor industry. It sucked balls, I am so happy I got out of the industry. But you are lucky to work with Intel, since they have real cash on hand

Chandler is a great place to live. Almost everything is brand new. When I lived there, I had a BRAND new apartment with a garage, a large 1 bedroom place for like $700/month. Dont pay over that, there are so many apartments in that area, you can play them against each other and get some killer deals on rent.

Everything there is cheap. But there is no good Asian food, so you better get used to Mexican and Southwest (the SW food is great).

Chandler also has a brand new mall, on 101 and Chandler Ave. Tempe is also a good place to live.

If you are saving money, look into buying a house in the PHX area. You can get a brand new starter home, ~1500sq ft, 2 beds/2bath, 2 car garage from $120-150K depedning on location. Its a steal, and real estate is always going up for PHX. I made the mistake of not buying a house, dont repeat my mistake (especially if you are planning to stay for more than a year). You can always get a property manager and lease it out if you leave town.

There is good night life. Lots of clubs/bars in Scottsdale, but the people up there tend to be pretentious and fake (lots of fake body parts too). Chandler is gaining some places to hang out, and you can always hang out with the college kids in Tempe if you want to.

Summer time sucks if you cant handle the heat. Get your windows tinted, and be ready to have a huge electric bill while your AC is going off 24/7. I could only go grocery shopping at night when the temps were down to about 95-100. But the winter/spring months are the best. You WILL want your S down there, it doesnt get any better than that.

LA is only 5 hours away, Vegas is about 4 hours. You can drive to Mexico, but avoid the town of Nogales (Yikes!). Go hiking in Sedona, and drive up to the Grand Canyon.

Every night AZ has an awesome sunset, get an apartment facing West, its worth the extra money they charge

There is not much to "Downtown" PHX, I think the Bellevue skyline is bigger. Bank One Ballpark is pretty much the tallest building. BoB is a great stadium to watch baseball in.

PHX was the 6th largest US city when I was living there. Its basically a giant suburb. Be ready to drive a lot, everything is spread out.

Good luck. I still have many good friends down there and drop by every now and then.

Out of the 5 states I've lived in (Hawaii, AZ, CO, TX, WA), its one of my favorites. (actually TX is the only one I give a thumbs down too).

BTW- there is some really crappy snow in AZ, but you can still board/ski during the winter.

PM me if you want to talk about your move more.
Old 12-20-2003, 12:11 AM

great info hi50. thanks.
Old 12-20-2003, 12:35 AM
lig
Community Organizer

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey Mike - if your girlfriend likes designer stuff for cheap... take her here. There's a Nieman Marcus outlet that is crazy... Versace and other high-end stuff for 10 cents on the dollar...

http://www.arizonamills.com/index2.html
Old 12-20-2003, 06:09 AM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

congrats Mike........ make sure the beater has A/C!!!!!!!!!

BTW, if you do decide to transport the S2000 you might think about just getting it to LA and taking it the rest on your own (<$1000).
Old 12-20-2003, 07:17 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lig
Hey Mike - if your girlfriend likes designer stuff for cheap...

Quick Reply: im moving to AZ!!!