Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

lapping at the Ridge Motorsports park this summer

Old 02-25-2017, 09:31 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by sse2k
Junky, come to Facebook!
Never! lol

Besides, thats a fad/trend (a strong one) but never the less, it will eventually dissolve as time goes on and more people get disenfranchised with it. If we want this club to stick around, we need to start moving away from that and sustain this website/medium as we had before Facebook, before MySpace, and when this was our sol social media platform. So think about where you are posting next time you go to post it. This website collaboration of 17 years of experience can never be bested by Facebook, So we should continue to support it. Our local forum has been really dead the last few years, which is too bad.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:33 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Twanny425
Yup added the lapping day, auto-x and baker run events
Awesome thanks much
Old 02-25-2017, 10:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Never! lol

Besides, thats a fad/trend (a strong one) but never the less, it will eventually dissolve as time goes on and more people get disenfranchised with it. If we want this club to stick around, we need to start moving away from that and sustain this website/medium as we had before Facebook, before MySpace, and when this was our sol social media platform. So think about where you are posting next time you go to post it. This website collaboration of 17 years of experience can never be bested by Facebook, So we should continue to support it. Our local forum has been really dead the last few years, which is too bad.
I agree that s2ki is the best resource and collection of everything S2000 (and believe me, I'm the guy that tells all the new FB people to read s2ki to search before posting stupid questions like will my wheels fit). However, it is not just a local issue, nor are alternative social media platforms a passing fad. The entire site has been dwindling for the last few years, and I will say forums in general are not the preferred format anymore. FB is great at engagement, but we lose the history of knowledge. For example, I'm doing my first 10-year coolant change; s2ki is the only place with detailed DIY information on that, and I happily pay my annual membership. However, right around the time that IB took over and disabled Tapatalk, s2ki as a platform has suffered from not being able to keep up with the times.

Back to the local forum issue, if you don't want it to be so dead around here, we need to see more events and activities to keep people engaged. I tried doing Wednesday night meets for a while, but I get very little attendance beyond the core group of southsiders. I have also been tossing around the idea of a summer monthly drive. I want this place's former glory to be restored as much as you do. But, as one of the leaders of our local corner of s2ki, quite frankly I'd like to see more engagement. I'd be more than happy to do monthly drives or weekend trips, but it's hard to contribute when the sub-forum hasn't been actively moderated (e.g. we have sticky threads that just aren't relevant anymore).

Last edited by sse2k; 02-25-2017 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:44 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by sse2k
I agree that s2ki is the best resource and collection of everything S2000 (and believe me, I'm the guy that tells all the new FB people to read s2ki to search before posting stupid questions like will my wheels fit). However, it is not just a local issue, nor are alternative social media platforms a passing fad. The entire site has been dwindling for the last few years, and I will say forums in general are not the preferred format anymore. FB is great at engagement, but we lose the history of knowledge. For example, I'm doing my first 10-year coolant change; s2ki is the only place with detailed DIY information on that, and I happily pay my annual membership. However, right around the time that IB took over and disabled Tapatalk, s2ki as a platform has suffered from not being able to keep up with the times.

Back to the local forum issue, if you don't want it to be so dead around here, we need to see more events and activities to keep people engaged. I tried doing Wednesday night meets for a while, but I get very little attendance beyond the core group of southsiders. I have also been tossing around the idea of a summer monthly drive. I want this place's former glory to be restored as much as you do. But, as one of the leaders of our local corner of s2ki, quite frankly I'd like to see more engagement. I'd be more than happy to do monthly drives or weekend trips, but it's hard to contribute when the sub-forum hasn't been actively moderated (e.g. we have sticky threads that just aren't relevant anymore).
Appreciate your input.

Lets see if we can work on this!
Old 03-02-2017, 12:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back to the Ridge topic...I signed up for a couple of track days with TSS on 06/04 and 07/02. Anyone else joining? I went to a TSS event last year and it wasn't bad. Very similar format to PCA and T2 so lots of seat time.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:53 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Rdizzle
Back to the Ridge topic...I signed up for a couple of track days with TSS on 06/04 and 07/02. Anyone else joining? I went to a TSS event last year and it wasn't bad. Very similar format to PCA and T2 so lots of seat time.
Hey Randy, I don't know anything about them. What's the cost? Sign up /website link by chance for anyone interested?
Old 03-05-2017, 04:54 PM

Its what I posted about earlier Junky. Here's a link.

REVScene X The Speed Syndicate Track Day info on Jul 2, 2017 (925886) | MotorsportReg.com
Old 03-05-2017, 06:27 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by spets
Oh ok great, thanks Spets
Old 03-05-2017, 06:29 PM
Community Organizer

Be good to get all this current track info in one thread for us all. I may do another sticky like for the Auto X thread. But im trying to decide how I want to organize it, as just a 'Ridge motorsports park' thread with different organization groups, or just a free for all Road course thread with any track and general posting for organizations. Im leaning towards just the Ridge postings since that seems to be the majority of what most of us run. But I know we still have Pacific raceways and also some track in Oregon some of the locals here run. Open to feedback.

Last edited by s2000Junky; 03-05-2017 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:25 PM

Currently 3 S2000's going on 07/02...c'mon ppl, sign up!

Quick Reply: lapping at the Ridge Motorsports park this summer