Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

This Local BB Forum

Old 08-26-2004, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This Local BB Forum

Hey gang,

I made a post recently that most will not read since the thread sucks and I am gonna be "around" more often as I used to be back in the day.

Jerry; you need to flex your muscles man. I agree the few kids that are borderline trying to "graffiti" the BB can be entertaining at times but that is about it and honestly not worth it.

After the extensive amount of lurking and reading, you need to do something about this. I am sure the few are just having friendly jabs, but every thread has been destroyed in one way or another which I doubt many will disagree with.

I like the occasional chuckle, but EVERY thread? I would have to put everyone on ignore eventually. You are the BOT and it is up to you. I have a feeling 90% of the folks would not whine if you banned a few IP's or usernames.

If people do not having anything positive or constructive to post, why allow them to post at all if you see the extensive trend of crap from them? We expect the borderline racial and WAY opininaited shat from Ben, but at least he has done his research to have an opnion - even if I do not agree or want to hear it.

I realize I have not posted much over the past two years, but that has been due to work schedules which have been corrected. The "stuff" going on with this BB is going to make me refrain from paying my S2KI dues this year and I have been paying for the past three years.

Mike
Old 08-27-2004, 10:02 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm tired of all the bullshit too! Every time I see Silver or Yella I think :ban the ers!:
Old 08-27-2004, 11:12 AM

Have you tried messaging Jer with your concerns regarding these individuals? That may be a more appropriate tactic than a BB discussion.

I'll discuss the more general topic of thread hijacking, though.

I think we are certainly all guilty of hijacking threads, but we all should have some responsibility of returning to the topic. Unfortunately, this is impossible to enforce if we want this place to be open and free of red tape. Though, I think you will have more success when people know each other face to face rather than hiding behind the avatar.

The success of the PAC NW community stems beyond the BB to Taco Tues and other things. It would make it easier on everyone to accept one's antics if some people who post here on a regular basis were to become more involved. Then their antics would seem less abusive.

I think the ignore button is your most valuable tool, and you can be assured you aren't missing something if you choose to ignore those individuals who never bring anything worthwhile to the table.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Let's be mindful not to lump people together when we grab the pitchforks and torches. I don't feel SilverKnight has been a problem, at least no worse than our usual suspect offenders... like myself.

YellaFeva has resulted in several direct complaints to my inbox. And as you know, I prefer to give people a little more leeway in the PacNW forum, but you are collectively correct. This has gone too far but he may not know how to operate socially. That or he might be posting drunk like some one we once knew.

Give me a few hours to weigh options for YellaFeva before I take action.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:12 PM

I'd like to send in a apology to the PacNW S2000 community for my recent antics. I should know better.

As I age, I'm realizing that I also need to mature at the same time and given that I know many of you personally and have been involved in this lovely community for almost 4 years now, I need to grow up!

My bad, players. I hope you can forgive me. I was just trying to have a little fun, but I'm realizing it's really not that much fun any more. I'd rather be raising people up than putting people down.

I'll drop by to check up on the oldies at the BBQ!
Old 08-27-2004, 12:14 PM

Thanks much Jerry. Someone had to say it out loud, I am glad you are listening.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have taken action and I am awaiting a response. This is now a matter for the moderators and I would appreciate if all of you would refrain from any further punitive activities.
Old 08-28-2004, 12:30 AM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

what what are you guys talking about?
Old 08-28-2004, 05:44 AM
Former Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Geez...I leave for a few weeks and you people turn soft?!
Old 08-29-2004, 12:05 PM

lol! The soft spot can be irritating when it is scratched too vigorously. I do not think this was a bad thread to start, and I am happy Jerry is doing something about it.

BTW Brant, I am "back" I look forward to hanging out with you more often, the rest of the kids as well.

Quick Reply: This Local BB Forum