Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Lotus of Portland Event at PIR on Monday, 4/21

Old 03-01-2008, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Lotus of Portland Event at PIR on Monday, 4/21

Lotus of Portland (in conjunction with Motocorsa) is sponsoring two track events at PIR this year. The first is on Monday, 4/21. The second is on 10/06. To sign up, call Motorcorsa at (503) 292-7488. Information on their events can be found here:

http://www.motocorsa.com/index.cfm?fuseact...ntent.trackDays

As I've done for the past few seasons, I will be running the ground school for novices. Dave Levy will be responsible for instructor-student pairings, and Eddie Nakato of Adrenaline Racing will handle tech and other issues.

I hope to see some of you at the track.

All the best,
CB
Old 03-01-2008, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm assuming that convertibles are allowed right? Not a bad price...
Old 03-01-2008, 01:22 PM

Convertibles with some form of rollover protection, such as the stock rollhoops on an S2000, yes. Convertibles with no form of rollover protection, such as a first generation Miata, no.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Community Organizer

Received 552 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by Rdizzle,Mar 1 2008, 09:56 AM
I'm assuming that convertibles are allowed right? Not a bad price...
Yeah Randy, we may have to sign up for this. I'm thinking this kind of fun is worth every penny.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:48 AM

If you've never done a track day, no offense, but you don't really know much about driving fast or well. It's a wonderful way of exploring what your car can do (and it can do a lot more than you think) and developing your skills. You guys should register for the event.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by cbender,Mar 6 2008, 07:48 AM
If you've never done a track day, no offense, but you don't really know much about driving fast or well. It's a wonderful way of exploring what your car can do (and it can do a lot more than you think) and developing your skills. You guys should register for the event.
Well thats quite the usumption to post on here. I get allot of satisfaction out of proving people wrong that make quick judments not based on much. I hope your there racing. I was going to ask you what the qualifications were becuase if I decide to do this I plan on entering the B event to start, then hit A if I'm comfertable. My car is set up and I am comfertable driving it at its limits. Just need some time to learn the track and see who I'm on the track with. I like the idea of only passing in designated locations as I don't want some inexperienced guys side swiping me in a turn, I have fresh paint. Peace
Old 03-06-2008, 09:27 AM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Old 03-06-2008, 09:39 AM
lig
Community Organizer

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

I am just going to have to refrain from commenting here...
Old 03-06-2008, 10:00 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by lig,Mar 6 2008, 10:39 AM
I am just going to have to refrain from commenting here...
Its an open forum

RT anything?
Old 03-06-2008, 10:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky,Mar 6 2008, 10:01 AM
Well thats quite the usumption to post on here. I get allot of satisfaction out of proving people wrong that make quick judments not based on much. I hope your there racing. I was going to ask you what the qualifications were becuase if I decide to do this I plan on entering the B event to start, then hit A if I'm comfertable. My car is set up and I am comfertable driving it at its limits. Just need some time to learn the track and see who I'm on the track with. I like the idea of only passing in designated locations as I don't want some inexperienced guys side swiping me in a turn, I have fresh paint. Peace
It might be "quite the usumption", but if you have never done a track day, you should expect to be running in a novice group. That's what the word novice means, after all -- "new".

Generally speaking, it will be your instructor who decides which group you should be running in.

These track day schools are fun and educational, but the more that people come into them with the attitude that they already know it all, the less they learn.

If you do have previous track experience, let the organizers know what it is and they will help you to figure out what group you should be in.

Trust me on this one, there is nothing more frustrating than being the rolling roadblock in a group that is driving faster than you are. You spend the whole time driving "in your mirrors" and so many people build up behind you that you just can't drive -- you spend all your time pointing them by. Only slightly less frustrating is being in a group that is much too slow for you.

Quick Reply: Lotus of Portland Event at PIR on Monday, 4/21