Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

New to Seatle!

Old 07-23-2005, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Seatle!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your input a few months back on places to live. I just started work with Boeing a week ago up in Everett, and I'll be living in an apartment up in Mukilteo for about a year until I can hopefully find a nice place to buy.

So far, I've seen a number of S2000's in the area, the only one that sticks out was one down in Federal Way with the license plate "S2K" is that person on the site??

I'm still adjusting, since I lived in Chicago up until now (22 years old).

Any good places I should check out? What are the main spots for young 20 something people around Seattle??

Anyways, thanks again, and it's nice to be here. Being able to see mountains and the Sound has been pretty different from the flatlands of Chicago and Lake Michigan.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:57 PM

Hi! I live in Everett toooo. You might see me cruisin around. If you like the beach Alki is nice, I heard Edmonds beach is nice too. There's the outlet mall in marysville, alderwood mall in lynnwood, downtown, broadway. Lots of places. I don't club or drink so I can't recommend any places for that. Sorry =) I was planning to go tacos this tuesday or next. If you can make, you can follow me there!!!
Old 07-24-2005, 08:36 AM

Yeah go to Taco tuesday. You will meet some of the members there or maybe some crusing afterward.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you want to party downtown seattle is where it's at.

Belltown is where all the hip youngens hang out. There are a couple of laid back lounges in Capital Hill. Then there is Pioneer Square at night if you want to get rowdy.

I don't know the north area that well, so I can't recommend anything near where you live.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:40 AM

Yes I agree,

Downtown seattle is the place to be and don't even think about trying to find a place in everett.

Belltown is pretty much where it's at. Bada lounge and Tia lou's are good places to start out. People actually dress up and look like they spent more than 5 minutes getting ready. Close to there was my old favorite spot Medusa's (but they play more trance/techno so depends on what you like). The down under provides much younger crowd and may be what you're looking for.

Pioneer square is a lot more laid back, more bars imo and people don't seem as dressed up, but hey the more bars the more people, the more and = more fun.

Check out 1)Phoenix underground a lot of other clubs in that area are covered under a one charge pass, so you get something like 10 clubs for 1 price. There's also this club on the corner of pioneer square... name escapes me but many many good times there. Someone chime in because it's gonna bug me all day that I can't remember the name.

There may be some "new" hotspots out since i've slowed down clubbing since getting engaged but these clubs/bars were definitely popping at the seams when I went back in the day.

Welcome to seattle!
Old 07-31-2005, 10:04 AM

Welcome to the area!! At least the weather is nice ...
Old 07-31-2005, 06:47 PM
lig
Community Organizer

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

welcome - and learn how to spell "Seattle" j/k
Old 07-31-2005, 06:50 PM
lig
Community Organizer

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

welcome - and learn how to spell "Seattle" j/k
Old 07-31-2005, 07:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pbm317,Jul 23 2005, 08:36 PM
Thanks for all your input a few months back on places to live. I just started work with Boeing a week ago up in Everett, and I'll be living in an apartment up in Mukilteo for about a year until I can hopefully find a nice place to buy.
Don't buy anything north of Everett or south of Renton. Not if you plan to stay at Boeing for very long.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spa4eva,Jul 24 2005, 11:40 AM
There may be some "new" hotspots out since i've slowed down clubbing since getting engaged but these clubs/bars were definitely popping at the seams when I went back in the day.
[snicker]"Back in the day"[guffaw]

The Phoenix Underground is still around? Hmm. "Back in the day" for me I went to a fair amount of shows in Ballard. Of course they closed the Backstage, which was a real shame, but the Tractor is still really popular whenever I'm there.

Belltown was always the trendy place, while Pioneer Square was always the place to go when you were looking for a dive. Blues have always been popular in Seattle, but especially in some of the Pioneer Square joints.

Watch yourself, though. There are some shady people down there, and it's a risky mix of quite wealthy and quite poor.

Quick Reply: New to Seatle!