Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Pictures of Ray's Skyline?

Old 11-08-2008, 09:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tukluc,Nov 8 2008, 10:36 AM
OMG....it looks like.....a GTR I saw on the inernet.

Dude, Ray's car is NOTHING like those generic GT-Rs. Ray's car has that little convex mirror stuck onto his driver's side mirror.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 124Spider,Nov 8 2008, 10:12 AM
Now that we are being inundated with kids buying old S2000s, we should put a sticky up advising them that anyone who's been a NW member and regular poster for more than a couple of years is probably a venerable, honored member, and should be treated with more respect than one kid might treat another kid. Perhaps that would have saved this dumba$$es OP from showing his true colors (assuming he can read better than he can write, of course).

Nice car, Ray!
Yeah I agree that older members should be respected but perhaps we should all just be respectful of one another it would end all the controversy. I mean I feel like the youngest s2k owner here but I'm not just some punk kid that drives around being wreckless. I don't go to the forums giving false information or insult someone to make myself feel better. The responses would be different if you've met some of these s2k owners. I think the more you're involved with the community the more respect you'll get.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Eggsix,Nov 8 2008, 10:59 AM
Yeah I agree that older members should be respected but perhaps we should all just be respectful of one another it would end all the controversy. I mean I feel like the youngest s2k owner here but I'm not just some punk kid that drives around being wreckless. I don't go to the forums giving false information or insult someone to make myself feel better. The responses would be different if you've met some of these s2k owners. I think the more you're involved with the community the more respect you'll get.
We old folks generally don't lead with nastiness; we may respond with acerbic comments, when a post deserves it, but we don't, e.g., call someone a dumbass who hasn't done anything to deserve it.

There is an unattractive (at least to us old folks, meaning anyone older than about 22) subculture of kids, who think that it's somehow cool to be obnoxious. For instance, the OP here asked a question, wording it very, very poorly given what he actually wanted. When Manish responded in a most reasonable fashion, the OP responded in a gratuitously obnoxious fashion.

I'm only asking that they keep that garbage to themselves. And not for the sake of our sensitivities, but, rather, to save some kids from making fools of themselves.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:53 AM

old people smell.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ray, I thought it was black?
Old 11-08-2008, 12:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Eggsix,Nov 8 2008, 10:59 AM
I'm not just some punk kid that drives around being wreckless
I try to be wreckless whenever possible.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by mikegarrison,Nov 8 2008, 01:37 PM
I try to be wreckless whenever possible.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:49 PM

I never called anyone a dumbass. On the contrary I complemented him with my assumption that he misinterpreted.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by 124Spider,Nov 8 2008, 11:15 AM
We old folks generally don't lead with nastiness; we may respond with acerbic comments, when a post deserves it, but we don't, e.g., call someone a dumbass who hasn't done anything to deserve it.

There is an unattractive (at least to us old folks, meaning anyone older than about 22) subculture of kids, who think that it's somehow cool to be obnoxious. For instance, the OP here asked a question, wording it very, very poorly given what he actually wanted. When Manish responded in a most reasonable fashion, the OP responded in a gratuitously obnoxious fashion.

I'm only asking that they keep that garbage to themselves. And not for the sake of our sensitivities, but, rather, to save some kids from making fools of themselves.
There is far too much bias here and I totally understand mates sticking up for mates but I meant no harm.

I dont see how I worded my post very poorly (nevermind very, very poorly). Title reads "Pictures of Ray's Skyline" and OP reads "Ray or anyone else got some pics of *the* skyline?". How does one interpret that as please give me a random picture of a skyline on the internet? If it isn't as clear as day then someone please school me on how to make it more clear.

Me obnoxious? That is a good one, I've been called plenty of things but even I won't claim obnoxious. And I disagree that tukluc's reply was reasonable. I took it as an intellectual attack.

That is all.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:25 PM

Quick Reply: Pictures of Ray's Skyline?