Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Regarding Spoonie

Old 04-18-2006, 05:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spacecowboy,Apr 18 2006, 01:50 AM
I am aware of buying used parts and not getting any warranty or money back on them but the issue here is not disclosing the other factors that you are not informing your buyer. I was told that the rest of the part was OK, meaning that it functions and can be used so I went ahead and accepted that but to find out that the remainder of the parts were damaged is not OK since I cannot use it at all.
I'm getting robbed blindedly here for my hard earned money.

Who would want to buy this POS in the beginning had you know that the remainder of what this seller is selling is junk? NO ONE!

I am doing something about this but I want you guys to be aware of what kind of people you deal with here and who they are.

So beware of Spoonie if you are going to deal with this person
I hear your selling your s2k to, whatcha gonna get?
Old 04-18-2006, 07:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spa4eva,Apr 18 2006, 01:17 AM
I agree with you space cowboy.

In all fairness, if he didn't know it was junk... I'd say send it back to him with the agreement of 50% refund for the effort he took to ship it to you in the first place + you don't know for sure if he had knowledge of it being DOA.

It sucks for you but it would seem both parties win with that kind of settlement. GL on resolving this issue.
I don't agree, I think he (spacecowboy) is an idiot.

He was told it was broken and was told it was an as-is sale, there was no DOA protection on this thing since it was known as being dead when he bought it.

If Spoonie didn't know it was broken to the extent discovered by the buyer, that's not his fault, he may have been going off the inspection report but either way that doesn't really matter.

If I go to Toys 'R Us and buy a RC car that is labeled broken and I ask the sales person what's wrong with it and they tell me that they think it just needs to have a connector resoldered and I buy it going off of that and then get home to discover that all of the gears are ground up and there is a box of raisins inside, I can't really take it back to them and say, hey this is broken more than that guy said it was and he's a liar and a cheat and I want my money back and here's your damn box of raisins!

I say f^ck him Spoonie, he bought it broken, no refund, no return, all sales final.

Don't beware of Spoonie, beware of spacecowboy if you are going to deal with this person .
Old 04-18-2006, 08:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 3ngin33r1,Apr 18 2006, 10:15 AM

He was told it was broken and was told it was an as-is sale, there was no DOA protection on this thing since it was known as being dead when he bought it.

If Spoonie didn't know it was broken to the extent discovered by the buyer, that's not his fault, he may have been going off the inspection report but either way that doesn't really matter.

If I go to Toys 'R Us and buy a RC car that is labeled broken and I ask the sales person what's wrong with it and they tell me that they think it just needs to have a connector resoldered and I buy it going off of that and then get home to discover that all of the gears are ground up and there is a box of raisins inside, I can't really take it back to them and say, hey this is broken more than that guy said it was and he's a liar and a cheat and I want my money back and here's your damn box of raisins!

I say f^ck him Spoonie, he bought it broken, no refund, no return, all sales final.

Don't beware of Spoonie, beware of spacecowboy if you are going to deal with this person .
Nope, YOU are an idiot, and YES I did waste 5 mins of my life reading through your B.S post.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Xplosiv,Apr 18 2006, 08:01 AM
Nope, YOU are an idiot, and YES I did waste 5 mins of my life reading through your B.S post.
It's nice to see that close-minded stupidity isn't limited to the US, it runs rampant in Canada too. There's hope for us yet...
Old 04-18-2006, 08:16 AM

The AS-IS policy is something that needs to be specified before purchase. If spoonie did state, "hey btw everything is as-is" ie no refunds and then spacecowboy bought it, well I see your point.

But if he didn't disclose proper information and then AFTERWARDS say well I'm not returning your money because it was sold AS-IS, well that's BS.

After rereading the first post, he states applying the "AS-IS policy" as if it were prestated in which case I side more with 3ngin33r1,

BUT if he threw out the sale is AS-IS afterwards without mentioning it prior, then sounds like spoonie just tried to screw the guy, which is how I interpreted the first post.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by 3ngin33r1,Apr 18 2006, 07:15 AM

Thanks for the lovely comment 3ngin33r1 but he never did state on his for sale thread that this item was an as-is item and just mentioned it on our PM's after I told him of the other damages.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=373614

His for sale thread is edited but I am 100% sure that he did not state my claims on his thread.

If you guys think that I am wrong then you guys are entitled to your own opinion. I have my own belief's and principle and believe that I was done wrong and I have to stand for that.

Just for the record, I have a good history on this site and many people can vouch for me on the transactions that I've had and never pulled any shit like this at all. 3ngin33r1, be careful of who you calling an idiot cause you do not know me.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:19 AM

also does spoonie have the inspection in hand still?

If the inspection he had done has no mention of the extra damage you found it's very possible that he sold it to you not knowing the real extent of the damage.

EDIT: Didn't see your new post, since he didn't state as is during the sale he should man up and take the item back
Old 04-18-2006, 08:24 AM

If he never stated that it was being sold AS-IS, well that's BS. There's a reason why there is an AS-IS box that you check when you purchase/Sell a used car. You can't freakin state AS-IS after a sale.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:29 AM

on and btw, when you purchase something that is broken from the clearance rack, there's red lettering underneath that says "all sales are final", that's the only time your first analogy would apply in real life.

Again, it doesn't sound like that was stated either in his FS posts.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by spacecowboy,Apr 18 2006, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the lovely comment 3ngin33r1 but he never did state on his for sale thread that this item was an as-is item and just mentioned it on our PM's after I told him of the other damages.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=373614

His for sale thread is edited but I am 100% sure that he did not state my claims on his thread.

If you guys think that I am wrong then you guys are entitled to your own opinion. I have my own belief's and principle and believe that I was done wrong and I have to stand for that.

Just for the record, I have a good history on this site and many people can vouch for me on the transactions that I've had and never pulled any shit like this at all. 3ngin33r1, be careful of who you calling an idiot cause you do not know me.
You're welcome.

You can't really back up your claim of the item not being sold as-is since the original thread is edited and you have provided no additional evidence to validate your statements.

What did you really expect from buying a broken item?

Did you ask to see the inspection report for the item detailing what was broken?
If you did, do you have a copy of it that you could post?

Are there any pre-sale PMs about this item and it's damage that you could share?

What about post-sale PMs?

I can only call it how I see it. Right now, to me, you look like a guy that bought a broken item and is complaining that it's broken.

You're right, I don't know you, I only know what you've posted here and can only go off of those comments to formulate my opinion of you. Back up your claims and I might change my opinion and if I am in the wrong with any of my previous assessments, I will have no problem extending my apologies to you and supporting you in getting your issue resolved.

As it stands, I think you're an idiot.

I love to be proven wrong though...

Quick Reply: Regarding Spoonie