Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Seattle Area Service (Again...)

Old 07-05-2001, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ba,

Thanks for the WHOLE story, but don't get so sensitive. Why the hell would I even care to go back to the dealership and tell them the dude races it?

I saw the car there while Doug was still working on it. It was parked next to mine while my S2000 was getting its first oil change. And that's what Doug told me.

Chill.

And, guys, I'm going to go ask Kirkland if they have certified S2000 mechanics.
Old 07-05-2001, 01:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was going in next week to have some work done on my rear strut brace. Unfortunately, I am focused on finishing the subwoofer box this week. Its unlikely that I will be going into the dealership next week. On the other hand, if I did go into the dealership, I would have one of the remaining Gold Team members work on the car. Sorry I can't be more help this week.
Old 07-09-2001, 02:07 PM

Well, I couldn't wait, so I'll be the guinea pig .

I made an appointment for Thursday morning with Dennis/Bryce (service advisors) and Parker (technician/mechanic). If anyone has a reason I shouldn't trust my S2000 to these guys, speak up quick!

I'll let you know how it goes Thursday night...

Ted
Old 07-09-2001, 02:59 PM

Originally posted by Tedster
Well, I couldn't wait, so I'll be the guinea pig .

I made an appointment for Thursday morning with Dennis/Bryce (service advisors) and Parker (technician/mechanic). If anyone has a reason I shouldn't trust my S2000 to these guys, speak up quick!

I'll let you know how it goes Thursday night...

Ted
I've been to Acura of Bellevue on two occasions for an oil change. I never asked for anyone specifically. I usually stood outside the work bay and watched, although the car was always taken to the far rear where I could not see all that well. In the end, I've had no problems.
Old 07-09-2001, 05:38 PM

I got my second oil change done today at Bellevue. They don't use the experienced technicians work on oil changes obviously so the kid had to be told 5.5 quarts and shown where the dipstick was.

But Dennis lets me hang out to observe so I'm happy about that. Dennis seems like the coolest guy out of all the service advisors. He told me today that they have three S2000 certified technicians.

Good luck, Ted. Good seeing you on the road yesterday... HIDs blazing. Right before I saw you, I was playing tag with a silver Boxster S. haha
Old 07-09-2001, 09:14 PM

Ben,

We were on the way back from Safeco... Looks like you let the Boxter know who's boss!
Old 07-12-2001, 10:50 PM

Well, I guess they did OK. No warm and fuzzy feeling like Glen and Doug (letting you in back to check out the undercarriage, offering to do extra stuff, etc.), but I don't think they screwed anything up.

Only question so far is if they really checked the coolant level. The reservoir has been completely dry, but I think the level in the radiator is OK (not sure if I checked it right ). Bryce said it had been checked, and that the radiator level was OK, and that the reservoir had been topped up, but when I got home the reservoir was dry . Is that normal?

Ted
Old 07-13-2001, 06:39 AM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Did they do anything that involved radiator juice?
Old 07-13-2001, 08:40 AM

Originally posted by RT
Did they do anything that involved radiator juice?
Not sure what you're asking?

The previous time I had the car in there, they replaced the thermostat, so they did a complete change of coolant.

Recently I've noticed that the reservoir is dry, so when I took it in yesterday I asked them to make sure it was correctly filled. The service writer claimed that the technician checked the levels, that the radiator itself was fine, but that he topped off the reservoir.

I didn't check it until I got home. At that point the reservoir was dry. I'm concerned that (a) they didn't do jack, and (b) I probably need to add coolant, but I'm not sure.
Old 07-31-2001, 05:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just got back from my weekly service stop. This time I was having a cracked rollbar hoop replaced under warrentee. Actually, this is the third time I've had the passenger side rollbar replaced. Its a long story.

Anyways... This appointment was booked to Parker. He worked as a service technician at Bellevue Acura for 15 years and recently move to Bellevue Honda. He was rather abrupt with me, and complained quite a bit. I presume that he hates the S2000 with feverent passion. At the top of the complaint list was having to work around my stereo equipment. Normally, I work with the mechanics when my car is in for service, which would obviate this problem point. Guess what though, this guy doesn't want anything to do with the customer.

Did I forget to mention he stripped my left speaker cable reinstalling my stereo and forgot to check his work? This guy isn't worth my shop time.

I scheduling an appointment to have my alignment changed later this week. I let you guys know how it goes.

FYI

Quick Reply: Seattle Area Service (Again...)