Photography and Videography Tips, techniques and equipment for taking great photographs and videos. Come here for advice and critique on your photos and videos. To show off your S2000 go to The Gallery

camera changes formats?

Old 11-13-2008, 07:27 PM
bcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camera changes formats?

I have a 30D and I went out a few weeks ago to get some tree leaves. I just got around to getting them into Photoshop.

Half of them are in RAW format, the other half are in JPG. What would cause the camera to change formats? As far as I know, the only way to change it is in the Menu -> Quality setting. Is there a button shortcut that I don't know about that would change it? I know I didn't go in there and change anything.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:47 PM

Formats are different for each mode: P, Tv, Av, M... depends how you've set up each in the camera - there's not one format master setting in the menu for all modes.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:11 PM
bcs

I was shooting in 'M' mode. When I go into the menu and go into Quality, the one that was selected was the 'quarter curve' S. I usually have it on RAW+ 'quarter curve' S.

I normally would have thought that maybe I changed it after a previous shoot. But it seems to have changed in the middle of shoot.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:30 PM

Does it switch formats 'intelligently' depending on how much memory you have left?