Photography and Videography Tips, techniques and equipment for taking great photographs and videos. Come here for advice and critique on your photos and videos. To show off your S2000 go to The Gallery

Doing better with food photography!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vividracing.com
Tons of improvement, and shallow DoF really does work well on food but I think you still need work on composition.

EDIT: Congrats on the cook book! Feels great to see your work in print, doesn't it?
We're due to get copies back in 2-3 weeks. Can't wait!
Old 09-08-2011, 05:29 AM

from you old thread to now. its a huge improvement.. looks great! making me hungry.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:25 PM

I thought I'd give another long-term update on this thread.

Book #1, Make it Paleo, sold over 50,000 copies last year and my fiance and I officially became "best-selling" authors! We were also able to quit our other jobs and pursue our startup full time! Talk about living the dream....

We're submitting book #2, "Gather", for print on Monday, and book #3, "The 30 Day Guide to Paleo Cooking" in 3 weeks. We've been working on both books for the last 9 months, concurrently. Gather releases April 30th, the Guide book releases mid June.

We've definitely "gone pro" with our photog equipment in the past year as well. Got a Canon 5D Mark iii a few months after it came out with the sexy 24-70mm L lens (not the 2nd gen one, though). Also picked up a solid Manfrotto tripod & geared head, and got a Glidecam HD-2000 for video shooting (I can start a whole new thread on how incredibly difficult that thing is to use).

We traveled all over the country shooting menus for Gather, and had a blast making that book. I thought I'd share some photos from the various locations we used. Oh yeah, go preorder this book so I can get some car parts this year. ;-) haha http://bit.ly/GatherCookbook
-Bill

Shot this one on a private island in the Bahamas!

grain-free coffee cake
Old 02-23-2013, 08:28 PM

If you're interested in learning more about the type of cooking we do, check out our website: www.primalpalate.com

we also have a free iPhone & android app called "myKitchen" which I'd recommend.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great lighting
Old 02-24-2013, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, congratulations!
That is an amazing achievement in under two years! Congratulations again!