Photography and Videography Tips, techniques and equipment for taking great photographs and videos. Come here for advice and critique on your photos and videos. To show off your S2000 go to The Gallery

Mark III

Old 02-01-2008, 05:46 AM
bkw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews...era-Review.aspx

has comparision sound clips between standard and silent mode. Still can hear the shutter in silent mode, but it is noticeably quieter.

I would imagine someone would use this feature to shoot wedding ceremonies, press releases, etc.

Taken from another site:
"Silent is a new mode that is quite effective in reducing shutter noise. It does this by separating the shutter actuation and mirror rise from mirror return and recocking. The mirror will stay up as long as you hold down the shutter release. This means that you can take a shot, turn away, and then let the mirror return when out of earshot. Even just separating them by a fraction of a second makes the sound less noticeable. Nicely done and very effective. I don't know of any SLR, film or digital, that has a more quiet shutter release mode."
Old 02-01-2008, 06:10 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by bkw,Feb 1 2008, 09:46 AM
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews...era-Review.aspx

has comparision sound clips between standard and silent mode. Still can hear the shutter in silent mode, but it is noticeably quieter.

I would imagine someone would use this feature to shoot wedding ceremonies, press releases, etc.

Taken from another site:
"Silent is a new mode that is quite effective in reducing shutter noise. It does this by separating the shutter actuation and mirror rise from mirror return and recocking. The mirror will stay up as long as you hold down the shutter release. This means that you can take a shot, turn away, and then let the mirror return when out of earshot. Even just separating them by a fraction of a second makes the sound less noticeable. Nicely done and very effective. I don't know of any SLR, film or digital, that has a more quiet shutter release mode."
Ok, I understand. Thank you.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poindexter,Feb 1 2008, 05:10 AM
C on C shoots film.
But that photo was shot digital. No? I'm reading exif on it.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:28 PM

yea that pic was shot digital...with the camera he is holding in the mirror.

but he usually shoots film, i think.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:58 PM

Cool look!! Is that straight out of the camera?
Old 02-01-2008, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by ALaS,Feb 1 2008, 01:02 AM
Any post processing done to that image? the, 3200 ISO blows my 1600 ISO out of the water. Looks good!
I ran it through Lightroom. I shoot 95% digital. Only film when I'm feeling frisky.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by cameroncarnes,Feb 1 2008, 02:36 PM
I ran it through Lightroom. I shoot 95% digital. Only film when I'm feeling frisky.
I see. What do you prefer? Which brings your best results? Do you process the film yourself?
Old 02-01-2008, 06:51 PM
bkw

holy ****ing moly, i just realized that this isnt your plain jane 1DMKIII, it's the 1DSMKIII!

How'd it feel, sound, taste? I tried to convince the guy at BH to let me handle one but he claimed he didnt have a display unit on hand.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by bkw,Feb 1 2008, 07:51 PM
holy ****ing moly, i just realized that this isnt your plain jane 1DMKIII, it's the 1DSMKIII!

How'd it feel, sound, taste? I tried to convince the guy at BH to let me handle one but he claimed he didnt have a display unit on hand.
Felt like the most amazing love making you've ever experienced. Indescribable to hold. Like sweeeeeet love. I'll shoot some more stuff with it when he gets back and I'll post some full res.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by ALaS,Feb 1 2008, 05:05 PM
I see. What do you prefer? Which brings your best results? Do you process the film yourself?
I love digital. I love the flexibility I've come to learn to accomplish via Lightroom. Film is fun on occasion and no, I don't process it myself.

Quick Reply: Mark III