Photography and Videography Tips, techniques and equipment for taking great photographs and videos. Come here for advice and critique on your photos and videos. To show off your S2000 go to The Gallery

New Rebel XSi Announced

Old 01-25-2008, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Jan 25 2008, 09:54 PM
Higher megapixels with the same sensor size = more noise. Those with XTi's be happy. Megapixels mean nothing, and all the other features are not worth the switch.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:58 PM

for a first time buyer, should i buy the xsi or pick up the xti cheaper?
Old 01-26-2008, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by CuOnGeE,Jan 25 2008, 08:42 PM
SD CARD on a CANON DSLR? WTF? hahahahaha.... 30D FTW!!!
I believe canon is aiming for the P&S users. They're no dummbies over there. Anyone with a rebel would see an upgrade with a double digit or a single digit then a "D".

XSi has the bells. Xti has the value. Basically same camera to me. Do you already have usable SD cards? I do like that there is spot metering on the XSi! Live view could be useful too. I think buying a cheaper body and better lens is more important. The XSi isn't priced very high though and it comes with a decent lens in April.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by ALaS,Jan 26 2008, 02:21 AM
I believe canon is aiming for the P&S users. They're no dummbies over there. Anyone with a rebel would see an upgrade with a double digit or a single digit then a "D".

XSi has the bells. Xti has the value. Basically same camera to me. Do you already have usable SD cards? I do like that there is spot metering on the XSi! Live view could be useful too. I think buying a cheaper body and better lens is more important. The XSi isn't priced very high though and it comes with a decent lens in April.
Yeah, you really gotta ask yourself, what's a new xti going to sell for now? $800 for the xsi is pretty sweet, while the upgrades are minor, bigger screen, better resolution, live view all add up, especially when you are only saving what I can imagine is only about a hundred bucks or so (disclaimer, just my reasoning while tired, I could be off on the numbers), but can you wait until April? If not, pull the trigger now on an xti, it's still a very capable camera.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:21 PM

Received 197 Likes on 137 Posts

I was waiting to see what Canon released to replace the XTi to make the decision to go with new or old, and I think the XTi will be a good buy if its marked down enough. Of course, prices are already under $600 now.