Photography and Videography Tips, techniques and equipment for taking great photographs and videos. Come here for advice and critique on your photos and videos. To show off your S2000 go to The Gallery

nikon d50, camera not working, need help

Old 07-29-2007, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nikon d50, camera not working, need help

I just bought this camera about a month ago. It was working fine until today. I need help from all you camera experts. So my camera keeps giving me a error message on the screen. When I press the shutter, it clicks like its taking a picture but nothing comes up on the screen. I view my folder and there is no picture taken. Battery is fully charge, I tried using a different memory card, resetting to the default setting, it still gives me an error message. The manual saids that "the camera is malfunction, if this keeps happening, call a Nikon rep." I called them and they told me to send it to them so they can look at it. Has anyone run into this problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:28 PM
oss

I am not a Nikon user but have you tried just taking the battery out and leaving it out for a few minutes then putting it back in again.

I've had similar problems on my second hand Canon 10D and this approach fixed it (at least for now).

Also worth storing all your shots and formatting your memory card sometimes the fie system gets corrupted enough to badly upset the cameras operating system.

(ah sorry I see you have already tried another card unlikely to have the same problem on two cards)
Old 07-29-2007, 02:53 PM

have you tried mounting a different lens?
is there a sensor cleaning mode?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:44 AM

Thanks for all the help, I am getting this camera exchange for another one today.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:52 AM

Happened to my D200. Err message with mirror half way stuck. Fixed it myself and never happen again. Your case, yeah, it is better to get it replaced. Most probably your camera's os is malfunction.