Photography and Videography Tips, techniques and equipment for taking great photographs and videos. Come here for advice and critique on your photos and videos. To show off your S2000 go to The Gallery

Photoshoot 1/2 done

Old 11-08-2013, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photoshoot 1/2 done

So.... I had a friend take some photo's before I left for deployment but neither of us are very savvy at all with photoshop/lightroom....
Great "photographer" huh? lol
If any of you guys would care to shed some light on my situation and play around with the pictures, I would GREATLY appreciate it.
In the meantime I'm off to download lightroom and watch some youtube on how to edit.
Thanks a lot guys.

Old 11-10-2013, 05:06 AM

Received 793 Likes on 439 Posts

I have don't have much to say about the photos, but more importantly.

Good Luck with your deployment, and THANK YOU for your service to our country!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Heyitsgary
Good Luck with your deployment, and THANK YOU for your service to our country!
+1

As far as the photos go, are these already slightly edited? Some of them look like they are. These are all JPG images which means that editing them will lose a lot of data. I shoot (with my Nikon DSLR) in RAW format, which gives me the ability to make a ton of adjustments without losing a whole lot (if any) of data. Some of the stuff in these pictures (like the extreme glare on your car) will not be easily edited, or cleanly edited out because of it being JPG. Usually thats the file type I save it in when I am done.

I would leave editing up to someone more experienced than myself since there is little room for error without ruining the picture with JPG, but if no one gets to you, and you really need help, I could give it a shot when I'm free.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:59 AM

I think editing depends on your style? On the first photo I might take the Saturation down a bit? Then again, that's just me?