Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

BMW 325i/xi Executive Edition

Old 02-18-2005, 03:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait til they get a load of my num chuck skills. girls like guys with skills. like bo-staff skills.

I had to get a shamless napoleon dynamite reference in here some day.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Check out the residual values on the BMW lease, they are at least 50% higher than the Element would be. I have always liked the Element, it is such a unique, practical vehicle. We have looked at leasing an FX35 for my wife to be and Nissan's lease rates are attractive on the FX's (4.4%), the residual at the end of the lease is not however, hence the reason for us leaning towards a Forester. The TSX, for less money is a better car in all regards compared to the 325i IMO (look at comparo's). It could be had for the same rates as the BMW with a practical residual value at the end of the lease. I say go for the Element.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nah you don't need to impress them with that martial arts stuff. you'll just scare them into the corner. just be debonair to win over that kitten. use your multi talents like the element.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by LUV2REV' date='Feb 18 2005, 06:21 PM
Check out the residual values on the BMW lease, they are at least 50% higher than the Element would be. I have always liked the Element, it is such a unique, practical vehicle. We have looked at leasing an FX35 for my wife to be and Nissan's lease rates are attractive on the FX's (4.4%), the residual at the end of the lease is not however, hence the reason for us leaning towards a Forester. The TSX, for less money is a better car in all regards compared to the 325i IMO (look at comparo's). It could be had for the same rates as the BMW with a practical residual value at the end of the lease. I say go for the Element.
Maybe you can explain this to me, because this is how I see it. I don't care what the residual is. I don't plan on buying the vehicle out at the end of the lease. I guess I have the same mentality on residuals as I do on trade in amounts. I don't care what the dollar amount is, all I care about is the net difference (or in this case, the monthly payment).

I love the TSX. I'd prefer to drive one instead of the BMW, but on a 36 month lease with $3500 down (to make it fair), it's still $517 a month. $574 with the navi package.

$495 a month on the AWD 325xi seems like a ton of value.

I suppose this would also depend on (theoretically) what/if an Acura dealer would do for me on a "deal."
Old 02-19-2005, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by koala' date='Feb 18 2005, 08:00 PM
Maybe you can explain this to me, because this is how I see it. I don't care what the residual is. I don't plan on buying the vehicle out at the end of the lease. I guess I have the same mentality on residuals as I do on trade in amounts. I don't care what the dollar amount is, all I care about is the net difference (or in this case, the monthly payment).

I love the TSX. I'd prefer to drive one instead of the BMW, but on a 36 month lease with $3500 down (to make it fair), it's still $517 a month. $574 with the navi package.

$495 a month on the AWD 325xi seems like a ton of value.

I suppose this would also depend on (theoretically) what/if an Acura dealer would do for me on a "deal."
If you do not care about residual values then I suggest getting the most car your monthly budget will allow. Residual values are important to me as I can gauge what my vehicle should be worth down the road once my least expires. I am also at a point in my life where I want to own my vehicles and do away with payments. After 3 years you will have sunk over $20K into either BMW, then you have to either turn the car in or buy it out (this is where residual values become important). Are you willing to kiss $20K goodbye over 36 months like that ? Also, make sure you drive the Xi and i back to back, the Xi has very different driving dynamics than the RWD 325i. I personally do not like the way BMW's AWD 3 series handle. BMW has built it's reputation on excellent RWD chassis's, not AWD. If you want AWD, I would suggest an A4 or better yet a WRX. Try driving a bunch of vehicles and see which one you like the most and best fits your budget.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:07 AM

Well, I think the TSX is the front runner at this point. I hear what you're saying about BMW's AWD system being a bit of a joke.

How were the TSX's all season tires on snow and ice? I know my RSX Type S' all seasons were a joke... and I really don't want to buy tires for a leased vehicle.

This is the reason I still like the idea of the 325xi
Old 02-19-2005, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by koala' date='Feb 19 2005, 11:07 AM
Well, I think the TSX is the front runner at this point. I hear what you're saying about BMW's AWD system being a bit of a joke.

How were the TSX's all season tires on snow and ice? I know my RSX Type S' all seasons were a joke... and I really don't want to buy tires for a leased vehicle.

This is the reason I still like the idea of the 325xi
The tires were not great. I was very impressed with the TSX's VSA, it would kick in much like traction control to provide grip when I was slipping. Apparently Honda plans to have VSA on every vehicle they sell in the future. When I lowered the TSX it handled beyond belief, even with the mundane M+S tires. If I had sticky 18 inchers it would have been scary. SCC's project TSX pulled 0.92g on a skidpad with a set of coilovers and 18 inch Volks. They had not yet installed the rear swaybar which basically nullifies understeer on the TSX. They were aiming for 0.95g with the 22mm Comptech bar installed, beyond impressive for a FWD car. I miss all the TSX's amenities now that I have been driving the Civic for a few months now.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:34 AM

Well, I think I'm going to try and get down to Calgary on Tuesday or Wednesday and test drive some cars... is there much snow/ice on your roads? I'd like to go try the TSX on some rough roads and see how the tires do...
Old 02-19-2005, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have driven the tsx in some horrible weather... it handles awsome!!!
i would rather drive the tsx then a awd bmw as well.... my brother has one.... my parents drive a benz c class.... the tsx is a better car by far i think so

the interior is beautiful!!!! plus u have the honda reliablity
Old 02-19-2005, 12:02 PM

Well I'll have to see how it drives with the 6 speed manual. I drove an automatic TSX last summer, but didn't get to pound on it at all, bumper-to-bumper traffic.

Quick Reply: BMW 325i/xi Executive Edition