Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

:( bye bye s2k ?

Old 05-11-2008, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy :( bye bye s2k ?

Last night on the way to Gimli from the Gigantour concert in Winnipeg I dipped of the edge of the road onto the gravel and then turned to get back on the road and the rear wheel caught the edge of the road and spun my car across the highway and we ended up going backwards into the ditch where the drivers rear quarter and bumper hit the ground and flipped the car into the air rolling us and then landed on its side. My girlfriend and I were wearing our belts and I shut the car off and opened the door and got on top of the car and helped her out, when were were standing on top of the side 2 cars drove past and didn't even slow down. We waited while about 4 more cars drove right past us on the side of the road until one motorist finally turned around and helped us (I hope to find who these 2 nice people were in the truck I want to thank them again) we were met by first responders, followed by an ambulance, firetruck, and rcmp soon after. My girlfriend got checked out by the paramedics and went to the hospital.

She suffered a bump to her head, and soreness to her neck and shoulder. I turned down a check from the paramedics and only had a minor headache and sore jaw which has gone away now I have a sore neck though. I don't know whats going to happen with the car yet, but i'm just glad were both ok.

I'm feeling a little worse now with my left side hurting and my neck hurts to turn but I'm happy to still be in one piece.

One thing I'm sure of though is that I have a set of RE01R's and APR carbon fibre mirrors coming with no car to go onto, that being said if the car ends up being written off I will be looking for an 02-03 to replace my poor suzuka blue the moment they tell me, what can I say I just love the S2000 too much (if there is such a thing)

Instead of uploading the pics I figured I could just link to my facebook album where I already put them (I hope that's ok) http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&id=503757918
Old 05-11-2008, 09:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good thing ur ok
are u gonna take any thing off the car or buy it from insurace?
Old 05-12-2008, 06:07 AM
AZN

Crazy... glad you're ok man.

When you're ready, my 04 rio is for sale.

Again, glad you and your gf are alright!
Old 05-12-2008, 06:47 AM

Wow, glad to hear you walked away from it! I can't see the pics on fb, but I'm curious to see what the car looks like. If you get a chance, post one or two of them on here for us.

Going to shop for another blue one? I was hoping we'd see you and the Suzuka back at autox this year. Just don't get NFR or Silverstone. We have too many.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:05 AM

wow, from those pics i'm gald you both made it out ok...def pick up another s2k, AZN is selling his rio ap2 which is super mint...hope everything works out.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:12 PM

I will post up some pics when I get home later, I just got back from where they took it to take my stuff out of it and took more pics. I'm heading to Autopac right now to talk things over with them and figure out what happens now.

As far is everything else goes, if it does get written off I will be getting either a suzuka or berlina 02 or 03 with max 55000km as a replacement.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:08 PM

Wow, crazy! Glad to hear you came out relatively ok.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:37 PM

glad your ok!
Old 05-13-2008, 03:36 AM

wow, glad to hear it..
Old 05-13-2008, 05:17 AM
AZN

Originally Posted by Kertef,May 12 2008, 01:12 PM
I will post up some pics when I get home later, I just got back from where they took it to take my stuff out of it and took more pics. I'm heading to Autopac right now to talk things over with them and figure out what happens now.

As far is everything else goes, if it does get written off I will be getting either a suzuka or berlina 02 or 03 with max 55000km as a replacement.
Suzuka or Berlina? Time to get something brighter.

Any word from MPI yet?

Quick Reply: :( bye bye s2k ?