Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

Head Count for S2000's attending Beyond.ca Track Day

Old 05-15-2003, 11:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wanted to see who here is attending the Beyond.ca track day (May 20th @ Race City). Whether you're racing or just coming out to watch (specifically watch a n00b like myself)!
Old 05-15-2003, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought about it, but after reading the attitudes of some of the guys on that board, I don't want my car anywhere near theirs.
Old 05-15-2003, 12:06 PM

Originally posted by Woodson
I thought about it, but after reading the attitudes of some of the guys on that board, I don't want my car anywhere near theirs.
Haha yeah. beyond.ca is a weird bunch. I'm only going because I know a few people from there and they talked me in to it.
Old 05-15-2003, 12:17 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by koala
Haha yeah. beyond.ca is a weird bunch.
You are being FAR, FAR too kind! The level of immaturity and "chest pounding" over there is laughable at best, asinine at worst.
And the "cop hating" and bashing is pure ignorance and is totally dispicable.
Old 05-15-2003, 12:38 PM

When you run a large forum, there's going to be a certain level of immaturity happening (hey I'm guilty of it from time to time as well). It happens everywhere, even on s2ki .

What you see at our track days is a lot different than what you see on the forums. Our track days are very professional, with several highly qualified instructors there to teach you around the course and to make you a better driver. We were even featured on a TV show to get "racers" off the streets and onto the track.

The street racers don't attend these events if that's what you're worried about . Honestly though, I encourage you guys to come out and watch, and of course, meet the faces and get rides with some of the members out there. It's free to spectate, and guaranteed to be enjoyable.
Old 05-15-2003, 12:40 PM

Funny you should be the one to respond. Your posts stick out like a sore thumb. (In a good way)
Old 05-15-2003, 12:50 PM

Hey, theres always great people at every forum. And there are always the type you can't seem to get along with.

I'm not saying everyone over there is "weird" - well, maybe Le (Azncowboy). hahaha.
Old 05-15-2003, 12:51 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Rage2, glad you responded. Didn't take long either.
There is a certain amount of cop bashing and chest pounding on this forum as well. Usually, the more mature users step in with a whole bunch of these:
and give some indication what the "real" world truly thinks of such attitudes. You can always tell those kinds of people something - just can't tell them MUCH! That's why I hardly ever post there. They seem to KNOW IT ALL already, so what's the point. Aside from this, many of them think that adding a few 4 letter words in their posts (gives them the BIG MAN ON CAMPUS image).

Sorry to get off the topic.
Yeah, I'd go take a look if I wasn't working.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:03 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
[B]Rage2, glad you responded.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:23 PM

Rage is correct, the beyond forum is different then the s2ki but the actual people who show up for the track events are very professional and are enthusiasts like us.
Everything is run professionally to ensure proper safety on the track.
Anyways I'll be there on the 20th Dylan (sp?) so hopefully we'll have some good fun!
Azncowboy = owned by Koala

Quick Reply: Head Count for S2000's attending Beyond.ca Track Day