Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

New Spa owner !

Old 09-13-2004, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Asif - I drove an Exige on the track last week..I have few words but man I can say it was ing fantastic.

However, you must drive it, drive it like there is no tomorrow.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:37 PM

nice...Spa's are the bomb!
Old 09-13-2004, 07:05 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

There is a Lotus dealer in Vancouver, and needless to say, I've sent an email already. A new SLK would be great, and hopefully, by the time I'm ready to buy, interest rates will be lower than the 7 or 8% they're likely at right now.

Thereagain, what with the new house, impending marriage and subsequent offspring, perhaps an SUV with a gas guzzling V8 and seven seats would make more sense

Asif
Old 09-13-2004, 07:21 PM

Check out T&T as they now carry high end German vehicles. I just went for a test drive in an almost new 2003 Audi Avant S6. What a cool car. I've also been out in a 540i. Lots of Benz's and BMW SUV's priced unusually low for Calgary. Personally I like the S6 what a perfect car for Canada. Next test drive are the AMG Mercs...
Old 09-13-2004, 08:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VTEXTC,Sep 13 2004, 08:05 PM
There is a Lotus dealer in Vancouver, and needless to say, I've sent an email already. A new SLK would be great, and hopefully, by the time I'm ready to buy, interest rates will be lower than the 7 or 8% they're likely at right now.

Thereagain, what with the new house, impending marriage and subsequent offspring, perhaps an SUV with a gas guzzling V8 and seven seats would make more sense

Asif
Asif, while in Vancouver in August, I popped by Weissach and was chatting to Stuart. I believe they have deposits on nearly 60 Elise's if I recall correctly. As for SUV's, I drove an FX 35 2 weeks ago, absolutely amazing vehicle, the FX 45 can only be better. This would be the only SUV on my shopping list. Technology, Luxury, Practicality and Performance wrapped in a very cool body. Shannon's next vehicle.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by LUV2REV,Sep 13 2004, 09:30 PM
Asif, while in Vancouver in August, I popped by Weissach and was chatting to Stuart. I believe they have deposits on nearly 60 Elise's if I recall correctly. As for SUV's, I drove an FX 35 2 weeks ago, absolutely amazing vehicle, the FX 45 can only be better. This would be the only SUV on my shopping list. Technology, Luxury, Practicality and Performance wrapped in a very cool body. Shannon's next vehicle.
Brady,

Once things settle down after Christmas, I'm planning a trip to Vancouver to see what Weissach has to offer. I wonder, do they have any in stock as of yet?

I've given the FX series some consideration too, however the wife (to be) and I agree that it's not to our liking. I'm more keen on a truck like SUV, and the 4Runner with the V8 and possible TRD supercharger looks like good value at appx. $55,000. Couple that with a 0-60 time of 6.5 odd seconds, a truck frame, bullet proof Toyota reliability and not to mention a 7000lb towing capacity, and you have one helluva vehicle.

Ian,

I've looked at the new "luxury lane" at T&T; what a novel concept. Admittedly, the vehicles there are well priced, but personally, and this is a matter of opinion only, if I'm going to buy a big dollar/luxury esque vehicle, the only way to buy it is new. Ordered factory fresh, just the way you want it. The european delivery programs offered by the likes of Mercedes are also very tempting. Speaking of MB, any word on new SLK pricing as of yet?...anyone?

Asif
Old 09-14-2004, 03:53 AM

One of our Redliners (Mr. Coffey) has a deposit on an Elise from the dealership in Vancouver. They've had his money for almost a year and apparently they are supposed to start trickling in very soon. The rumor is that they may only get a handful of cars this year...Ken will have to wait a LONG time.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by mikerpm,Sep 14 2004, 04:53 AM
The rumor is that they may only get a handful of cars this year...Ken will have to wait a LONG time.
Hmmm...perhaps I should consider a deposit now if I want delivery before July '05.....decisions decisions....

Asif
PS-Say....did Ken mention a CND $ price by any chance?
Old 09-14-2004, 10:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VTEXTC,Sep 14 2004, 05:51 AM
Speaking of MB, any word on new SLK pricing as of yet?...anyone?
MB Canada's website does list pricing for the '05 SLK, including the AMG model. Anywhere from $64.5K to $83K.

http://www.mercedes-benz.ca
Old 09-14-2004, 01:40 PM

Congrats Brady!

Asif, no need for an SUV when you already have your truck!
The new SLK R171 is indeed beautiful but like you said, I hope MB would offer lower lease rates (highly unlikely since it's new, high demand etc.)

What about a Porsche 996? Or are you planning to purchase new?

Good luck with your plans!

Quick Reply: New Spa owner !