Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

Soundsaround Sucks

Old 06-06-2004, 06:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Soundsaround Sucks

I will never step into a Soundsaround location again !! I purchased a 32" Panasonic Tau Flatscreen on Thursday (32 Ave location), the Guy loaded it into my car (without the box as it wouldn't fit in the car) and placed it face down, It had all the protective covering on and I put blankets down for extra measure. Well, I get home and have one of my neighbors help me get it out of the car as it weighs 175 pounds and discover the front cabinet has a chunk missing !! It did not move an inch in my car as it is extremely heavy. I take it back right away and they brush me off and tell me it's now my problem, I did not even remove it from my car when I saw the flaw, the manager at Soundsaround would not even come out and look at it. What a Joke !! I have never dealt with such pathetic people in my life. This company does not even offer refunds on any purchase !!! All they have is sick excuses. I should have known better. Soundsaround =
Old 06-06-2004, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HOLY SHIT!! I can't believe they would act like that, talk about lack of professionalism....

You know what, the no refund thing is BS. I remember a couple years back, this guy had to refund a whole home theater system because the wife went in and made a huge scene (she objected to the purchase obviously).
Old 06-06-2004, 08:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my brother-in-law had a huge issue with them too, same location...

he bought a $6,000 rear projection Sony tv...got it home and all i could see was 'snow' on it, so i told him to take it back...they say no, so after trying to talk with these guys which is almost impossible, they say the only way that they are going to take it back is if he buys a more expensive tv...so he ends up buying the Pioneer Elite rear projection which is really nice, and an extra $2,600

they advertise price match guarantee and by chance we see it and its their own ad for the same tv...so he goes back and again a pain to deal with and the matter had to go to the head office...he get's a cheque in the mail for $2,000 the difference

worked out nice in the end, but SoundSurround absolutely sucks, used car salesmen who don't give a crap about you after the deal is done.

good luck.