R&C Parts For Sale Used parts for sale by members only
Mark this thread as Unsold

AP1 and AP2 Brake Ducts Are Here!

Old 03-31-2018, 03:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM-ing you now.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:11 AM

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts

Here is how the oil cooler duct from earlier fit. I think this would be a good solution for turbo guys or for anyone that wants to mount their cooler inside of the liner instead of blocking the radiator. It mounts just like the brake ducts.

upload the pictures
Old 04-01-2018, 03:06 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dissapointing that other people are trying to hustle your work. I have a little project that has funds tied up right now, but I still want some of these! Thanks again for doing this. Will make my life easier!
Old 04-01-2018, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by BoboTheMonkey
Dissapointing that other people are trying to hustle your work. I have a little project that has funds tied up right now, but I still want some of these! Thanks again for doing this. Will make my life easier!
No problem, let me know when you're ready!
Old 04-05-2018, 07:59 AM

Thanks for the orders guys. Still have a few AP1 front ducts on hand, but everything else will be made to order.

AP2 STR compatible ducts are now an option as well. No need to cut the bumper, just have to attach to the back of the OEM grill.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:20 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Look at that!!
Old 04-05-2018, 08:23 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey roel03 these are awesome! Any update on your testing with the rear ducts?
I am about to add brake ducting up front and put SS brake lines all around and am very interested in ducting my rear as well (to avoid the notorious bearing issues).

Couple quick questions:
- How is the fitment with 3" diameter hose (for the rear)? Any clearance/rubbing issues?
- Were you able to take any temperature readings on your brakes before/after adding the ducting? (this might be pushing it, but I'm just curious! I wouldn't mind doing the before/after measurements when adding them to my s2k)
- How are you attaching the brake ducts to your s2000? Utilizing existing/OEM mounting holes or drilling your own?

Thanks!
Old 04-05-2018, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by ericmdub92
Hey roel03 these are awesome! Any update on your testing with the rear ducts?
I am about to add brake ducting up front and put SS brake lines all around and am very interested in ducting my rear as well (to avoid the notorious bearing issues).

Couple quick questions:
- How is the fitment with 3" diameter hose (for the rear)? Any clearance/rubbing issues?
- Were you able to take any temperature readings on your brakes before/after adding the ducting? (this might be pushing it, but I'm just curious! I wouldn't mind doing the before/after measurements when adding them to my s2k)
- How are you attaching the brake ducts to your s2000? Utilizing existing/OEM mounting holes or drilling your own?

Thanks!
Hey Eric,

Ive only done one track day since installing my rears. I taped over them for one session and then opened them up for the rest of the day. Brake temps in the rear were 80/90 degrees cooler. I am running ATE 200 fluid and Ferodo DS2500 pads. Temps in the front dropped around 150-200 degrees.

I'm working together with some of the forum members that have bought the kits to get some more legit data on before/after.

I'm running 2.5" front and rear on my car since I still drive it on the street. Running 3" on the rear doesn't seem like it would be a problem, but I'm on a 255 tire and 17x9+45 wheel.

I kept all of my dust shields, so I drilled them and attached a 2.5" aluminum flanges to the backside as close to the center as I could realistically get it.. Then I just clamp the hose onto the flange. It's a pretty easy install.

If you'd like to get on the list for rears, the queue is open right now.
The following users liked this post:
ericmdub92 (04-05-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 09:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the thickness of the plastic pieces for the rear? I can't see all the pictures on this site since I'm at work, but looks like the rear is multiple pieces puts together. Wondering about how these rear duct kits would hold up to an off in the dirt or gravel pit (RA)?
Old 04-05-2018, 09:57 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by roel03
Hey Eric,

Ive only done one track day since installing my rears. I taped over them for one session and then opened them up for the rest of the day. Brake temps in the rear were 80/90 degrees cooler. I am running ATE 200 fluid and Ferodo DS2500 pads. Temps in the front dropped around 150-200 degrees.

I'm working together with some of the forum members that have bought the kits to get some more legit data on before/after.

I'm running 2.5" front and rear on my car since I still drive it on the street. Running 3" on the rear doesn't seem like it would be a problem, but I'm on a 255 tire and 17x9+45 wheel.

I kept all of my dust shields, so I drilled them and attached a 2.5" aluminum flanges to the backside as close to the center as I could realistically get it.. Then I just clamp the hose onto the flange. It's a pretty easy install.

If you'd like to get on the list for rears, the queue is open right now.
Awesome, I'm going to shoot you a PM now - definitely interested in the rears! And I'd definitely love to contribute some data as well as some pictures/install steps when I add them to my s2k.

Quick Reply: AP1 and AP2 Brake Ducts Are Here!