Rocky Mountain S2000 Owners Rocky Mountain Owners Club including Colorado

PMI

Old 09-04-2006, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2006 Pueblo Track Day Agenda September 8, 2006

Disclaimer: Motorsports is an endeavor that inherently involves risk to both driver and vehicle. While the organizer/instructors will attempt to provide a safe and fun experience for each participant, this in no way guarantees against any type of personal injury or property damage incurred during the day. Participation in any portion of this track day is voluntary and any risk incurred is the individual responsibility of each driver/passenger. The organizer/instructors assume NO liability for any accident, which might occur during this event. In agreeing to participate in this event, each person agrees to these conditions.

Friday 8-8:30 a.m.- Drivers meeting at SW corner of track (near drag race control tower) BEFORE anyone hits the track to discuss safety and passing rules. Note the ONLY entrance and exit points of the track will be on the south end of the circuit (see map). Due to lack of runoff area in certain corners, this circuit is run in a clockwise configuration ONLY. Never back up at any point on the track! We will break into run groups and assign instructors for those who want to learn. 25-minute sessions alternating between experienced driver groups and those learning the line. Those groups will follow single-file behind the instructors and use a 'leap frog' passing technique to allow each person the opportunity to follow directly behind the instructor. Note that we will gradually increase speeds during these sessions and slowly move-in our braking points. Use the break in-between sessions to give feedback to your instructor and fellow students. Check tire pressures (to prevent over-inflation as the tires heat up) and stay hydrated. If your brakes need a session to cool-down, feel free to ask one of the instructors to let you ride along for one of the next lapping sessions. Helmets are mandatory for anyone riding or driving the track!

At noon, we will stop to allow the half-day drivers to enter the circuit and get unloaded while we have lunch. There may be a brief driver's meeting after lunch before we get started again. If there are more inexperienced drivers we'll offer another follow-the-leader run group after 1 p.m. Later in the afternoon, there will be open hot lap run groups until the 4 p.m. shutdown time. Remember that the grand prize for the day is to increase your awareness and knowledge of high-performance driving and your reward is to take your gorgeous car home- INTACT- once the day is over. Anyone interested can follow to an excellent Mexican restaurant in Pueblo for dinner and some bench racing with your friends!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in as well. I will help instruct and will bring my S.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I forgot to add my experience: much less than David M. (he is the MAN!) but I have many laps around Pueblo in several different street and race cars.

Jim Mullen
Old 09-05-2006, 11:39 AM

So far it appears that it may rain on Friday. I assume the day will be cancelled if it does rain?
Old 09-05-2006, 12:21 PM

Yeah if it rains we get to cancel with no questions or money asked!

-Barry
Old 09-05-2006, 08:14 PM

"So far it appears that it may rain on Friday. I assume the day will be cancelled if it does rain?"

The advance forcast calls for a chance of scattered showers for Pueblo on Friday. I wouldn't automatically assume that the day will be cancelled with just a chance of rain.

I'd also suggest that having the track to ourselves could prove advantageous. If the track becomes damp, we could set up and run threshold braking and accident avoidence exercises on a section of the track with plenty of runoff room. Being able to actually practice retaining or regaining control on a slippery surface could be worth it's weight in gold if you avoid an accident on the road!

I would set these exercises up with orange cones to help control the speed and velocity of a single car. Each car makes a run and cycles back to the pack for multiple tries. I think everyone would benefit from these type of exercises and YES I am volunteering to help set this up! The question is: how many are interested in challenging themselves and their cars to learn something new?

Finally, in the event it rains, PMI is a track that dries relatively quickly. We would need to make some recon laps to be sure that the surface is dry, but I'm confident Friday will be a GOOD day no matter what the weather does!
Old 09-05-2006, 09:43 PM

Were are the Denver guys meeting up agian? And what was the time we wanted to be there. I remember some thing about down south at a mall but can find it on the fourm
Old 09-06-2006, 07:31 AM

DK I agree with you, it usualy takes 10-15 minutes for a track to dry out esp if the day has been relativley warm, so we could definatley use a scattered shower to our advantge, the other advantage is its conceivable we'll have 1) cloud cover, 2) moisture in the air which will help cool the brakes after the rain. 3) I like the control exercises you are talking about.

Goku, we'll be meeting at the Great Indoors parking lot, at 5.30am, and leaving at 6.00am sharp friday morning!

-Barry
Old 09-06-2006, 10:21 AM

Zaena(gypsy) and I will not be able to attend due to work situation. Sorry.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:29 AM

where is the "great indoors" place, never heard of it

Quick Reply: PMI