S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

Damage assessment

Old 08-22-2010, 02:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damage assessment

I've said it before on the OZ and NZ community forum, I'm sorry for what I've done to one of our beautiful ladies.

But I need to know what must be done to resurrect her.
Here's a bunch of pics I'll try to explain some of the damage with them. And If you want to rip on me please open dedicated forum, this one's for helping me.

before I got her up on the stands.

The limp canvas is concerning. the roof still opens and closes ok, but is a few millimeters of closing properly on the driver side (right hand side). Will close fully with a little help.

I don't like to joke about this but now I have even less trunk space.

Miraculously the trunk lid escaped unscaved, the one part of the rear end I was going to replace.

This is where real damage was done completely mashed the rear fender and subframe. the crack behind the shock was the only one I could find. and the broken lower suspension link was the only suspension damage I could see. I apologize If some of my terminology is wrong, please correct me.

Some under body shots. can anybody suggest places I should measure to get an idea of any chassis damage. and is this a good place to have my support stands?

The door opens, closes and lines up perfectly at the bottom.

A little off at the top.

Slight internal movement.

Wheels no good, got new one's coming anyway

Thank f**k this is O.K. although I wish that zero was 160

One last ding.

Sorry again for that horror show. If there are any professional crash repairers amongst us, your input would be much appreciated. hit me up with a PM and I'll send you more pics.

I've been told getting a rear cut is an option. will this retain strength of a whole car?
I really want to get as close as possible to 100%, is it doable?
Old 08-22-2010, 04:55 PM

You'll really need a complete new rear end

if everything is done correctly , you don't have to be scared about cutting it in 2
Old 08-22-2010, 07:10 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

bro i brought my s back to life and so can you, sending you pics through email now
Old 08-22-2010, 09:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes new rear end, I would say that's 10k give or take a few hundred in damages (shop estimate)
Old 08-23-2010, 12:25 AM

Anyone had their car (s2000 or other) cut and shut?
Was it the same car after wards?
Does the chassis have to be cut or just the subframe?
Pics?
Old 08-25-2010, 06:45 PM

ok if you cut that car in half, that would be a big mistake. this car took most of the hit in the suspension. bring it to a body shop put the car on the frame machine and pull the sheet metal out. so the door gap fits good. then you will need to check it to see if the frame rails a swayed over any. purchase a right quarter panel and right rear suspension and wheel. maybe even a rear craddle. im telling you right now DO NOT CUT THAT CAR IN HALF! i can sent you some pics of rolled over s2k and front damage that i have fixed. and your car is like childsplay to a body man. o and just let me add i have all the parts to fix this car beside the quarter panel cause its not worht going used, always buy a new quarter panel
Old 08-27-2010, 12:47 AM

Just hit the pm and send those pics man. I've just just put $500 deposit down on a rear cut that's going for $2500. It looks a like this.

Suspension not included, slight ding below the aerial, but a lot easier to fix than what I done.

I'm don't really know what I'm looking at, but I don't think there's that much suspension damage on my car.

It's hard getting a proper assessment Where I am, as mine is the only s2k In town. I've put money down on the rear cut cause I'd say there pretty hard to come buy in oz.

And on a brighter note, my wheels are ready to ship today(irony?). Who said you have to wait 6 months for Volks.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can't just order a rear quarter on the S. They're welded to the frame. In other words, your car is ****ed. You could repair it, but you might as well use the money you'd spend and buy a new (to you) S.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:20 PM

I was quoted $2000 for a quarter, bumper and 1 tail light from Honda. so for $500 more I think this is a better option.

Buying a new or used S isn't an option, I still have $20,000AUSD owing on this one. I don't know what an S is worth in the states. But finding one over here with less than 80k+ miles and still in good nic for less than $25k, ain't easy.

I'm not a rich man, I'm a hard working one. And my S is all I have to spend money on, and all I want to spend money on. So if this is fixable I'm gonna do what ever it takes.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:56 PM

Rear Bumper is 232 and the rear quarter is 384 and the tail light is 199.

www.hondapartsunlimited.com

Quick Reply: Damage assessment