S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

I have a small paint issue

Old 03-18-2015, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a small paint issue

So I bought my Honda S2000 in November, but I just recently found out, that the differently colored Hardtop is the original color of the car.

Here are a few pictures (the quality is bad and I apologize for it):
I have a small paint issue-2urudrn.jpg
I have a small paint issue-doqjwyt.jpg
I have a small paint issue-vmt8qty.jpg
Another shot of the Hardtop when we first installed it:
I have a small paint issue-5grar7o.jpg
Repainted Front Bumper (because of the accident I had):
I have a small paint issue-we54kzn.jpg

As you can see the Top is in Sebring Silver (at least it's lighter than the rest of the car) and the rest of the car is in a different grey. But you can see that the A-pillar is still in the same color as the Hardtop, so I am not quite sure why they resprayed the car and left this bit out...
You need to know that I bought the Hardtop seperately from a different guy and did not respray it, because when I brought her to the paintbooth, the mechanic told me that the car has different colors on each side and that it is impossible to find a way to make it the same color as the rest of the car.

My question now is, what should I do? I know we're almost in summer time again and it's time to take the top off again, but I will still know that the color isn't original and that it was poorly done. I was thinking about wrapping the whole car in Vinyl-Wrap or just get the hardtop and a-pillar painted black, but it just doesn't feel right. I would love to get the whole car painted properly, but that will just cost too much to be done.

Maybe you guys have some clever suggestions?
Old 03-18-2015, 08:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is your paint code as noted on your door jamb?

My initial thought is that the hardtop is Sebring Silver (NH552M) but your car is Chicane Silver (NH745M)If that's the case, just paint the hardtop.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I just came home from work and tried to find the Color Code. I think it must be this one: NH630M, so it must be Silverstone metallic.

The thing is, the painter/mecchanic told me that the color on the driver side and passenger side don't quite match. Therefore he told me it wouldn't be worth the effort if he painted the roof.
What bugs me as well, is that the Windshieldframe is in Sebring silver. So it was resprayed or replaced, but that wouldn't make sense?
Old 03-19-2015, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like your car had body and paint work before. They had to blend the panels and due to that, there is a color variation. The Sebring windshield Frame is strange.

Paint that and the hardtop and call it a day. After all, you can only see one side of the car at a time.....
Old 03-20-2015, 06:29 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

PAINT IT BLACK!!!

it will look clean and youll never see the color difference
Old 03-20-2015, 07:43 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

You could order the black vinyl pieces that cover the windshield frame on our cars and then paint the top a matching black. Personally, I would go with the black vinyl wrap for those two areas and see if you like the look before committing to paint. Just a FYI, even a factory Silverstone, Sebring and even Chicane Silver has some color variance depending on the lighting and shadows.