S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

Opinions on these temporary aftermarket headlights

Old 02-03-2014, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on these temporary aftermarket headlights

Hey guys, I would like your feedback and opinions on... aftermarket headlights. I know the stock ones are amazing and I would love to keep them stock but someone ran into the front of my car and broke the headlights. I need new ones but AP2 lights are very expensive and because I need to do some engine work as well as pay off other debts, I am looking for a cheaper temporary alternative and the only choice I came up to was halo lights from k2motors or ebay. Judging from pictures, I dont think they look too bad. I wouldn't run the DRL leds though. Plan on using 6k hid bulbs. What do you guys think about these, as a temporary alternative? PURELY looks-wise. Will be switching back to OEM later when the get the money for them!
I know there has been a few posts about very similar lights but not many with good info, I apologize if this is just a repeat. Thanks guys!

Old 02-03-2014, 08:41 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

id just look for some used ones personally. the light output of these cheap ones will drive you nuts
Old 02-03-2014, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
id just look for some used ones personally. the light output of these cheap ones will drive you nuts
I've spent some time looking for used ones but a lot of them have broken tabs and are still pretty pricey. And these use your existing bulbs and I plan on buying 6k hid bulbs to use.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:53 PM
Site Moderator

Received 348 Likes on 302 Posts

Don't do it. AP1 headlights are pretty cheap and better than this. I am sure someone on the FS forum has a set. The OEM's are pricey for a reason. Are the ballasts and lenses etc on your OEM's still ok or are those toast?
Old 02-04-2014, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
Don't do it. AP1 headlights are pretty cheap and better than this. I am sure someone on the FS forum has a set. The OEM's are pricey for a reason. Are the ballasts and lenses etc on your OEM's still ok or are those toast?
The ballasts are fine. Yeah these oem headlights are pretty amazing. I would get another set of them if I didn't have bigger problems with the car. And I'm not entirely sure how I feel about ap1 headlights on an ap2 look... to me, they just don't go that well together. I'm just contemplating this option due to my budget, and I dont think they look THAT bad..
Old 02-04-2014, 06:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id your S a DD? In the long run, I think you'll be spending more as I'm not sure how the resale value of these will be.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by nitewing117
Id your S a DD? In the long run, I think you'll be spending more as I'm not sure how the resale value of these will be.
Yeah my S is my DD. So I do need to fix up the lights quickly. Not too worried about the resale value at the moment, just need something to use for the meantime. I've gone around and asked other people for their opinions and they all say it looks good, which is funny because s2k owners think otherwise haha. Obviously it's not on the same quality level as the OEM's but I think running the 6k lights will make it nice and bright at least.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:41 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Buy em on ebay for $250
Write a review here on s2ki
Use them until you can afford real ones
Sell them on ebay for $200

Old 02-05-2014, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by s2ka
Buy em on ebay for $250
Write a review here on s2ki
Use them until you can afford real ones
Sell them on ebay for $200

That's what I will do if I get these. I just want to know what other people think about how they look, not how they compare to the oem ones.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:52 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

They look close enough to the stock lights that I don't think anybody would notice.

Quick Reply: Opinions on these temporary aftermarket headlights