S2000 Body and Paint Body kits, paint, ding repair and related discussions

Shine Auto Project Bumper

Old 06-28-2011, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shine Auto Project Bumper

So I bought a brand new Shine bumper and it finally arrived at the body shop a few weeks ago. When they installed the bumper to test fit it, this was the result.

My question is whether this is normal of their products or not. I bought it because I heard their fitment is 9/10 most of the time, and even the body shop that is doing the install has dealt with Shine products before and said this is the worst fitting piece he has ever seen from them. Currently Shine is stating that the vehicle itself is where the problem is, not with their piece. My OEM bumper mounts right up with no gaps under the headlights or at the fender, I fail to see how it's my vehicle that is damaged or mis-shapen.

Anyone ever seen this from Shine, or have any advice?

EDIT: Pics to follow(Suzuka_Joe), links were not working as I'm photobucket/flikr illiterate.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Images aren't showing. You need to upload them to a (free) image host website like tinypic.com, photobucket.com, flickr.com etc. and then embed them here.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:09 AM

Received 63 Likes on 24 Posts

here are Berlina's pics.

Fitment is way off around the driver fender and huge gaps under both headlights. something is off with this bumper
Old 06-29-2011, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from what ive seen, seems like you got lucky?
Old 06-29-2011, 07:27 PM

So you're saying that the Shine pieces you have seen don't fit anywhere near as "well" as this piece?

EDIT: Grammar
Old 06-29-2011, 10:53 PM

Received 63 Likes on 24 Posts

i've seen two other shine bumpers in person and both of them looked really good. can we get MVP to chime in here with how Shine fits
Old 06-30-2011, 05:26 AM

My bad, sorry for bad rep shine, wasnt paying attention and it was chaser that makes all the sh*tty pieces. Ive heard mostly good from the shine people... seems like shine/Extreme Dimensions are the best bests when buying parts like these
Old 06-30-2011, 08:22 AM

That fitment looks identical to my amuse rep from them. Gap under pass. light and it sticks out about 1/4" by the fenders. I think their stuff is hit and miss. A lot of positive feedback on this board, and yet I see the same fitment issue pop up in the gallery from time to time, even if the owner doesnt realize it.

For the cost vs buying a real one I guess its alright with me. But really fitment on mine is like a 7/10.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:51 AM

Sorry to see this happen to you man.. My Amuse rep just came in, but Im deployed so I wont get to see mine till I get home. Hopefully I got a good one.. Because I too had heard nothing but good things about Shines products. Best of luck on getting it to fit better/good!
Old 06-30-2011, 04:29 PM

I got my Shine spec a bumper last November. but have not had time to mess with it until today. The fit wasn't the best, but it wasn't horrible. It would not go on right out ot the box. If I had forced it on, the way I received it, it prolly would have stuck out like in your pictures. I spent half the day with sand paper, Dremel tool, and my drill. I didn't add any filler; i'll let the body shop do that. Obviously, it didn't come from the same mould as yours. I guess its possible the "Spoon" mould might suck.

Quick Reply: Shine Auto Project Bumper