S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Acura RL caliper coversion

Old 02-18-2013, 09:41 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i have bigger front brakes (3R Wilwood based) and ABS is definitely more histerical.
my conclusion is that the bias does get off.
proportion valve on a tock car with ABS and ESP may be not that easy to install and definitely a lot of owners don;t want to go into such trouble...
Old 02-18-2013, 09:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

S2ks dont have Esp. And I have had no issues with abs. This setup I run on my track car with literally no issues.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RUEHL925
S2ks dont have Esp. And I have had no issues with abs. This setup I run on my track car with literally no issues.
06 and up have VSC
Old 02-18-2013, 10:33 AM

Ahh i have ap1s
Old 02-18-2013, 12:18 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Wow, those Acura calipers look fantastic. Brembo makes them? $300-400 for the pair new? 2013 TL is it? The disc looks slightly larger then the oem is that possible and needed to make these work? I'm running 17" wheels so Id want to be sure these massive calipers would fit. I am running BBK friendly offset/convex front wheels so i'm not worried about that aspect. You guys feel brake bias on 00-05 would be ok, or should I plan on installing a proportioning valve to cover my ass? If so, any recommendations on which valve? Be great if some guys that have retrofitted these could run us down the build details.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:51 AM

I tracked my car quite often with this exact setup and have had zero issues with brake bias. Plus installing a adjustable proportion valve is the most simple thing on the planet. I use one on my drift car and our teams rally car along with most rally cars out there competing. It only takes about five minutes on the track to dial in. So ive been there done that and have had no issues. People give out way too much inaccurate or discourageing information, when they themselves have little or no experience with the matter.

The braking was almost perfect with out adjusting the proportion. Also there is plenty of aftermarket pad support out there for these calipers. I am running a carbon kevlar pad at the moment. The bracket fabrication wasn't extremely difficult, but you will find out with the way these calipers mount you will have no room to play with. A aftermarket setup will be the easier option but these calipers are lighter and larger than the brembos and even some alcons ive had my hands on. Many Nsx guys have used these and are very happy with the results.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/997...w-ball-mounts/
Wow thats what i needed to see, thanks for posting! would you be able to elaborate on your bracket dimensions and the type of rotor? And if a 17" wheel will fit these. thank you very much!

-Andrew
Old 02-20-2013, 10:48 AM

I am at work at the moment but I have some 17" wheels I would test fit over for you. They are 5x100 for my subaru though so I cant get specific with offsets and what not. All my wheels are 18 and around a 25-35 offset. Ill get you more information soon as possible. All my jackstands and jacks are under my drift car I am building at the moment so as soon as that car hits the ground Ill get under this car and fit some wheels over the calipers.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

updates?
Old 01-03-2014, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the guy above asking about a 17" wheel fitting these. If the dimensions are all the same as when they are on the RL a 17" should fit no problem. my parents have an RL with these brakes and the factory wheels are 17". As far as spoke clearance and offset needed to clear these that will depend on the wheel design itself and will depend on what wheel you are running.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:12 PM

I tracked my car quite often with this exact setup and have had zero issues with brake bias. Plus installing a adjustable proportion valve is the most simple thing on the planet. I use one on my drift car and our teams rally car along with most rally cars out there competing. It only takes about five minutes on the track to dial in. So ive been there done that and have had no issues. People give out way too much inaccurate or discourageing information, when they themselves have little or no experience with the matter.

The braking was almost perfect with out adjusting the proportion. Also there is plenty of aftermarket pad support out there for these calipers. I am running a carbon kevlar pad at the moment. The bracket fabrication wasn't extremely difficult, but you will find out with the way these calipers mount you will have no room to play with. A aftermarket setup will be the easier option but these calipers are lighter and larger than the brembos and even some alcons ive had my hands on. Many Nsx guys have used these and are very happy with the results.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/997...w-ball-mounts/
hey where did you get the bracket for the RL calipers?
The following users liked this post:
jeallen (03-19-2021)

Quick Reply: Acura RL caliper coversion