S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Any one have experience with K Tuned and similar front upper control arms?

Old 04-16-2024, 05:30 PM

Received 568 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by Shift9303
Do you have any photos of your car for comparison? I'm aware that Bostonmaler uses them on his car (I think I noticed in one of his photos) and runs the same fitment wheel however he's on fatty slicks and there's a lot of other variables which makes it hard for me to eye ball on my car.
best comparison is from Feezy's build thread. Direct copy/paste of a post from his build thread.

Originally Posted by Feezy
01.19.2018 - Origin Fab Offset Bushings - New UCA Paint, boot, clip.

When I purchased the car it came with a set of SPC ball joints installed on the front upper control arms. I've never really been a fan of them, and I decided to sell those arms and go back to stock. That worked great while I ran the Regamasters, but once I decided to sell them and move onto something else I wanted a bit more clearance up front and decided I was going to give the Origin Fab offset bushings a shot. I picked up a spare set of front upper control arms for them to be pressed into. I was hoping that this would visually help me run a non-staggered set up as most of the set ups I see the front wheels tend to aggressively bulge against the fenders and I'm not a huge fan of that.

While the arms were were off the car I might as well clean them up. I started by wire wheeling the arms bare, and then sent them off to have old bushings removed and the new bushings pressed in. While that was being done I put in an order for new replacement ball joint boots and clips, and then picked up a tube of grease.

Once I got the arms back I taped everything off and painted the arms with a nice simple satin black suspension paint. Once that was dried I pulled the old boots, and removed as much of the old grease as possible. I then repacked them with the new grease, installed the boot, and maneuvered the clip into place. I hit the boot with a quick coat of grease to protect it and installed the arm.

I was very pleased with the arms after install. They provided a significant amount of room over the stock bushings, and gave the exact visual look I was after. I have some direct before and after pictures. Keep in mind this is with the only the upper control arm change. The alignment will still need to be set, but this gives a good idea of the amount of room you gain with the bushings.

I've noted the relevant specs in the picture below so that it can be used for reference. I get asked about how much room these arms gave me fairly often, and this is the best demonstration of what they do that I have seen.

​​​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
Shift9303 (04-16-2024)
Old 04-16-2024, 07:10 PM

Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts

TBH that looks just about perfect for my car. Before looks very similar so my current fitment with the 17x10+48s. TBH I do like the bull dog look but my current situation isn't gonna work. Also might raise some eyebrows as I know different governing orgs have rules about tires "fitting" within the wheel well.