S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

ASM Coilovers for $18,000 !

Old 01-05-2013, 09:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread really cracks me up. Not knowing much about suspension, all I can say is I'd rather have an Ohlins setup over the ASM any day.

But trash talking S4play's car is just stupid. Sure many of us can agree he asks too much for a lot of his stuff, but he's also invested a lot of money into his cars. The only rice parts about his car are the Carbon wrap on his hardtop, veilside side skirts and the LED lights. Some of you need to learn what rice actually means. It's a cosmetic change that doesnt offer any sort of performance upgrade. Just because YOU don't like something doesn't make it rice. His car is supercharged. It's hard to be rice when theres performance to back it up.

And no, I'm not a fan of a lot of the things on his car, but it's his taste. I will say I'm a HUGE fan of the Recaro pole positions, Fikse wheels, OEM top, any sort of boost, and OEM CR parts. Say what you will but all of those parts are quality and add performance. AKA NOT RICE
Old 01-05-2013, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by juntsky
This thread really cracks me up. Not knowing much about suspension, all I can say is I'd rather have an Ohlins setup over the ASM any day.

But trash talking S4play's car is just stupid. Sure many of us can agree he asks too much for a lot of his stuff, but he's also invested a lot of money into his cars. The only rice parts about his car are the Carbon wrap on his hardtop, veilside side skirts and the LED lights. Some of you need to learn what rice actually means. It's a cosmetic change that doesnt offer any sort of performance upgrade. Just because YOU don't like something doesn't make it rice. His car is supercharged. It's hard to be rice when theres performance to back it up.

And no, I'm not a fan of a lot of the things on his car, but it's his taste. I will say I'm a HUGE fan of the Recaro pole positions, Fikse wheels, OEM top, any sort of boost, and OEM CR parts. Say what you will but all of those parts are quality and add performance. AKA NOT RICE
Yellow and green accents under the hood are all rice, LEDs in the headlights are rice, terrible veilside body parts are rice. Nobody ragged on him for boosting the car, Im well aware of what classifies as rice. Oh and just because he spends mind bending amounts of money on his cars doesnt make it ok to ask nearly full retail price on used parts when he decides to sell.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:00 PM

I'm not saying it does, but painting shit different colors doesn't make it rice. That's just a personal preference. OMG your car is GPW. Ricebox. lol I didn't know different colors make something rice. And you mentioned 2 of the 4 things I mentioned already. His car isn't rice. Get over it.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:30 PM

we don't have to continue bashing the price. if someone is willing to pay at least $50k for his car, we will know it.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:32 PM

I'm not saying it does, but painting shit different colors doesn't make it rice. That's just a personal preference. OMG your car is GPW. Ricebox. lol I didn't know different colors make something rice. And you mentioned 2 of the 4 things I mentioned already. His car isn't rice. Get over it.

Thats the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard. Hes a ricer from day one. Right from his first eclipse back in the day. His taste hasn't improved, his wallet has just gotten bigger.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:01 PM

haha yeah whatever man. I suppose your CR front splitter is totally functional too huh? Get over yourself. I dont care what his other cars look like. S4play has a quality car, with a couple additions that not everybody agrees with. get over it. Sorry you can't afford his car?
Old 01-05-2013, 11:35 PM

haha yeah whatever man. I suppose your CR front splitter is totally functional too huh? Get over yourself. I dont care what his other cars look like. S4play has a quality car, with a couple additions that not everybody agrees with. get over it. Sorry you can't afford his car?

I don't want to afford his car, it's hideous looking.

He's asking like 20k over brand new msrp on a used vehicle that is far from special. Aftermarket parts do not add to the value of a car, this is nothing new. Sorry for bursting your bubble.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:27 AM

Are you ignorant? Where did I ever say it's worth 50k? I actually even said we agree he's asking too much. You're clearly just arguing for the sake of arguing. Go find a new hobby.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:31 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

LOL, I love the hate! Some of my fanbois really have no life but following me around on my threads, if you guys love hanging on my nutsack and have nothing better to do that's fine but please keep the criticism constructive.
Supporters thank you!

But in reality you think I give a flying fcuk if you guys like my builds? I do it for myself. There's a lot of tasteless mods I see on here but I appreciate their hard work. I hope you don't really talk like you post or you'll likely to get your a$$ beaten in real life by lotsa people. I'm a lover not a hater!

For haters show me something you can build or own that is nicer....suddenly silence @gasp haha

Irony is I never even said I hate ASM, I was only shocked to see their pricing whch it seems most agree is a bit crazy, heck I still love them and own quite a few ASM parts.