S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

BlackTrax Performance Exclusive Partnership with Kingpin Machine on S2000 Spherical Suspension

Old 01-02-2016, 06:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems from the reviews that the comfort is actually quite contrary to what I have heard about spherical bushings. Usually I hear that spherical bushings will increase noise and vibration, but if these won't rattle my car to death I may be very interested since my car is my daily driver but will also see track time.

Is the reason for this difference in comfort because of the quality of the bearings? Size? Can anyone comment why these may provide more comfort compared to other sphericals, which cost a fraction but also seem to exhibit lots of nvh? I have been thinking of using a mix of poly/hardened rubber bushings to get an ideal compromise of comfort and performance but if I can have the best of both worlds I wouldn't mind paying more
Old 01-02-2016, 09:32 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Loose or tight sphericals would be horrible for daily driving.

The rattle and constant knocking would drive me nutty.

Tight sphericals are just all bad, yea you'll get people that say "but the weight of the car has no issue getting them to move" that's true. Stiction in suspension = loss of grip, it's why damper manufactures spend so much time and money trying to eliminate it. It's why the inverted monotube strut exists.

These sphericals aren't tight or loose, they're perfect which gives them the solid smooth feel. I had michelins and RS3's and both were fine on long trips but they're also both fairly cushy tires. If you're willing to sacrifice a tiny bit of comfort on the rare occasion then the performance you'll gain is well worth it.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any updates on people who have these as their canyon cars/track cars? How are they on the street?
Old 01-19-2017, 07:12 AM

Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Gmedalion1
Any updates on people who have these as their canyon cars/track cars? How are they on the street?
Better than the stock bushings on the street. Smoother than my CT200h on the 405 in Los Angeles. My car was a 2005 with 60k miles when my front control arm bushing went out (probably from 20k miles of stiff suspension, sticky tires, and hard use on autox/track/street) which is why I decided to do the full swap. These bearings make the car so much smoother and responsive to input.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:57 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I have about 8,000 miles on my set. Most of the miles are street (canyons and to-from track). They're still great. Mine see rain and gravel once in a while and I've found a little teflon spray is helpful from time to time to keep them silent. I just give them a little spray anytime I happen to have the wheels off for some other reason.