S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Bringing ate super blue to US

Old 06-01-2018, 02:33 PM

Received 162 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by engifineer
Way too generalized statement.

If the boiling point of ATE is sufficient for his use, then spending 4X the price on Project Mu is just dumb. And ATE is perfectly good brake fluid, not crap. So again, if it fits his needs, then why spend a fortune? Its like putting a BBK on your street car :P
and whatever his needs are, there are plenty of options readily available in the us
Old 06-02-2018, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to follow-up w/ this post...fairly certain super blue is no longer in production world wide (even emailed ATE)...so I cant even bring back some super blue from over seas.
In terms of my use, ate amber (which is what I currently use), fits my needs just fine, light track use, spirted driving, and garage queen.

getting super blue is more of a physiological thing...you want what you cant get. Agree with many of the existing posts...just bleed all 4 brakes until a bottle of amber is used. the S2K uses right about a liter of fluid.

Thanks.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:36 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

I only use half a liter when I change my fluid, seems to be more than enough.
I'm using Motul RBF though and they only come in half liter bottles so maybe that's a reason I make it be enough :P
Old 06-02-2018, 07:50 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by engifineer
Way too generalized statement.

If the boiling point of ATE is sufficient for his use, then spending 4X the price on Project Mu is just dumb. And ATE is perfectly good brake fluid, not crap. So again, if it fits his needs, then why spend a fortune? Its like putting a BBK on your street car :P
Sorry my bad. Yes that statement was way too generalized but with the work you have to put in to get the ATE over here to the states and the wait time its just not worth the hassle when there are soooo many good options here. By the time you get it here it'll cost about the same as a bottle of Project Mu.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:39 AM

Received 1,316 Likes on 994 Posts

Huh?

amazon ate 200 amazon ate 200

Push a couple buttons, pay $20, and its on my doorstep in a couple days.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:03 PM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

Originally Posted by eCrS2k
Sorry my bad. Yes that statement was way too generalized but with the work you have to put in to get the ATE over here to the states and the wait time its just not worth the hassle when there are soooo many good options here. By the time you get it here it'll cost about the same as a bottle of Project Mu.
Thats only for the blue. You can get regular ATE 200 (same as the blue, just not blue) cheap and easy.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:03 PM

Received 98 Likes on 51 Posts

Never saw what all the fuss was about with typ200 / superblue. Boils way too easily. Get motul and call it a day.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:42 PM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ThreeD
Never saw what all the fuss was about with typ200 / superblue. Boils way too easily. Get motul and call it a day.
The Super Blue was a street/spirited driving thing and you could rotate between blue and amber to easily identify when you had cleared most of one out of the lines/reservoir. It isn't a fluid I would recommend for heavy track use.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:37 AM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

Originally Posted by ThreeD
That extra 80F dry and 15F wet boiling point means squat on the street or autocross, so you buy what is cheaper. They are both good quality so price is all that matters. Spending a ton for super high temp fluid for those applications is a waste of money. You can get Motul for decent prices, so again, just buy whatever you can get a good price on unless you are on the track and need the higher temp fluid. Now, the Project Mu .... you are paying for a label and a name IMO. It is very slightly better in terms of boiling points than Motul, but not matching the cost in price IMO.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From Neuspeed on June 10, 2012. Exp date code 04.2017
Originally Posted by Fokker
Definitely not worth the trouble. I keep an unopened and bagged liter on my shelf in the garage just for shits and giggles.
I know this is an ancient 1.25 year old thread, but was your Ate Super Blue in the bag from Neuspeed or Tire Rack? Both shipped in thermally sealed bags back in the day.

Quick Reply: Bringing ate super blue to US