S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Ceika Coilovers?

Old 09-26-2016, 05:37 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Ceika Coilovers?

I'll start off by saying I'm new to the S2000 group, but I have had my fair share of 'fun' cars. E36 M3, MR2 Turbo, S13/RB25, track-built Miata, ect.

Being a relatively new owner of an AP1 I've been doing my fair share of research on coilover brands and different designs used. I've seen a lot of BC Racing, Apexi, and Bilsteins being used for both track and daily driving but I haven't heard anything of Ceika other than two threads on their BBK. I'm just looking to see if anyone has used their coilovers before, what options you had picked, and overall what were your thoughts on what you got for the price.

http://ceikaperformance.com/CEIKA_Ty...003-p2925.html

Thanks in advanced.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:35 AM

Received 1,251 Likes on 947 Posts

In before "buy Öhlins".

Are you in the US? And what will you use them for? And is your car modded already?

From what I'm seeing, these cost about (USD) $1900?

I can't say I've experienced these. I think I may have vaguely heard of them. I think their products are popular in Australia?

Hope you find helpful info!
Old 09-26-2016, 08:37 AM

I'm in the US, and mostly for daily driving, although I regularly do 1000 mile trips in my S, and often do SCCA events when they're in my area. The coilovers range from $1350 to $1900 I believe depending on what all you get. The car is not modded at the moment, I recently got it from a lady who was in her 40's and drove it pretty lightly so I'm starting from scratch with this one.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:11 AM

For long trip comfort, there are only a few known good choices.

I am not sure that these are worth $1350-1900. Again, I'm not familiar with Ceika. I'm just asking questions that will hopefully help other people chime in who have experience with Ceika.

Are you looking for something that can offer MORE than a Bilstein PSS/9 can deliver? If so, what features and attributes are important for you?
Old 09-26-2016, 09:27 AM

I wouldn't say I'm looking for something more than what Bilstein, or other similar compnies, offers, but more of a different choice than Bilstein. If nobody really seems to have much experience with Ceika coilovers, I'm leaning towards Bilstein PSS9's as we use them quite often at my shop. Given the shop I work at is mainly Porsche and BMW it may be a tad different, but regardless I have seen the Bilstein's perform numerous times before without failure.

I had a friend in Germany mention Ceika coilovers to me as he has heard a lot about them over seas, but I haven't seen anything about them here in the Us which is what got me wondering.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:45 AM

In the $1500 arena, the PSS9 works well. The only complaint I see is about body roll during track use. First hand...yes...the car will tend to roll more because the springs are so soft. BUT...for a close to stock, non aero S2000, they provide a good platform to make the car faster.

The other setup I can think of on the $1500 monotube group is the Tein Monosport. They're more agressive, and hence a little less comfy than the Bilstein. But they allow more room to grow.

They likely have similar rebuild intervals. Though, to be fair, I think the Bilsteins are typically built more stoutly.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:54 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by B serious
In before "buy Öhlins".

Are you in the US? And what will you use them for? And is your car modded already?

From what I'm seeing, these cost about (USD) $1900?

I can't say I've experienced these. I think I may have vaguely heard of them. I think their products are popular in Australia?

Hope you find helpful info!
Just buy Ohlins.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:13 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

My HKS seem quite comfortable & well-made, something rather surprising considering the $1200 price point.

If B Serious & I ever run into one another I'll have to let him drive my car so we can get some real world comparison between HKS Hipermax IV GT & the DFV.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
My HKS seem quite comfortable & well-made, something rather surprising considering the $1200 price point.

If B Serious & I ever run into one another I'll have to let him drive my car so we can get some real world comparison between HKS Hipermax IV GT & the DFV.
Definitely! I'd like to check out the HKS too. I've never ridden on a set.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by B serious
In the $1500 arena, the PSS9 works well. The only complaint I see is about body roll during track use. First hand...yes...the car will tend to roll more because the springs are so soft. BUT...for a close to stock, non aero S2000, they provide a good platform to make the car faster.

The other setup I can think of on the $1500 monotube group is the Tein Monosport. They're more agressive, and hence a little less comfy than the Bilstein. But they allow more room to grow.

They likely have similar rebuild intervals. Though, to be fair, I think the Bilsteins are typically built more stoutly.
I had Tein's on my old S13 and thought they were almost perfect for what I was looking for in a Coilover, but not as adjustable as I'd like when I do track events.

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody

I haven't actually heard much on the HKS coilovers, I think I'll have to look in to those as an option.

Thank you guys for the feedback

Quick Reply: Ceika Coilovers?