S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Coilovers or Springs currently stock

Old 01-02-2013, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's about 400$ at most for a set. Most vendors will give you a discounted price, I bought mine from Trackworx but Group A has a better price at like 300$ for a set. It was worth every penny, if I was swift I would monopolize like hell lol. Do more research, don't take my word for it there are so many proven testimonies. There is a very good article about them.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:16 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

fortunes > megans
Old 01-02-2013, 10:25 PM

What makes you choose fortune over megan?
Old 01-03-2013, 08:29 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

At that price point, buy a stiffer front sway bar first. Then save for proper coilovers (Bilstein PSS/PSS9 or KW V3/CS) or leave it stock. The other lower-end coilovers aren't going to be faster than the stock coilovers, which are really very good for factory units.

The above assumes you want to mod to go faster. If you want to mod for looks, then lowering springs or cheap coilover are fine, and you can save money for other mods.

Good luck!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:21 PM

u dont need to get a stiffer front bar to balance her back out. most people complain about oversteer with the square set up some dont find it too much of a problem and adjust their driving style/technique. you can try disconnecting your rear bar or running a smaller one like the mx-5. but best of all since ur in the market for coilovers get a softer spring in the rear or stiffer in the front and if u still feel the need to play with it more move on to the bars.

back to your original question coilovers>springs depending on what you get. if I was you i would save up a little more and buy a better coilover. i cannot hate on megan because i have never run them. i dont want to recommend fortune because also i have never run them and now ppl are complaining about them being bouncy.

save and research hopefully it shouldn't b too hard for u to save up another 5-8 bills for a quality damper.

oh and p.s. dont cheap out on tires get something sticky its worth it.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:48 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by choleaoum
What makes you choose fortune over megan?
1. Build quality is superior
2. Fortune specializes in suspensions only and not other parts, it's their bread and butter
3. They are rebuildable in VA, which is A LOT closer for us on the east coast
4. Their customer service is stellar. Terry is one of the most standup guys in the business and will bend over backwards to help you out
5. Completely customizable valving, color schemes (whatev) and spring rates by order, megan doesn't offer this

Sidenote, unless you're non-stagger YOU DONT WANT A STIFFER FRONT SWAY (jm2c)
Old 01-04-2013, 08:20 AM

Not trying to pick an argument but megan's customer service is really really good as well. I believe they offered custom valving too, but they dont offer spring rates by order. I usually go to different vendors for the Swift springs regardless to get a better price. As for quality I have no complaints about any noises, breaking parts, or stripped parts. I use to be against megan by what I would read on the forums and so on but once I tried it out for myself I was happy.

I can't speak for megan "bending over backwards" for me because I have not had a case where they would need too since I have no problems with there product. But when I had questions about preloads, spring length, spring rates, dampening, and etc just out of curiousity they did not hesitate or get impatient. They even tried to help me diagnose my camberr problem which is unrelated to the coilovers.

I have not tried fortunes, although I would like too sometime in the future. Not anytime soon since I'm happy with my megans.

And megan is just about a 15 mile drive for us socal members.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Fortune is great... i went with megan because of the price and the stiffness. i was rubbing so i needed somethign stiff.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:00 PM

^so u would rather bounce around then rub? this makes no sense. wouldnt u rather get better fitting wheels, raise the car or make more clearance?

not coming at megans neck never had them not saying they are "bouncy".

i highly doubt a "stiffer" set up will help with rubbing if ur seriously throwing ur car around some bumpy corners. unless its so stiff where you have no suspension travel.

comments like yours baffle me.

but hey im a simpleton so excuse me if I am too stupid to comprehend what you ment.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:39 PM

I'm sure he ment by stiffness he ment less likely to bottom out and so he wont destroy his fenders. Same reason why VIP people run 20kg spring rates. Just because he wants stiffness doesn't mean his rim sits right next to his fender. If you're going to give him shit for wanting to not rub then you might as well tell all the track cars running 14kg spring rates and wide rims with meaty tires to get rims that "fit" and to raise their car up.

How do you know he's not running really good tires to accommodate his stiff springs? There are a bunch of reasons why someone would want a stiff spring rate.

Quick Reply: Coilovers or Springs currently stock