S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

DGR COILOVERS INSTALLED! READ THIS FOR INFO !

Old 03-31-2011, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DGR COILOVERS INSTALLED! READ THIS FOR INFO !

Ok , Id like to start off by saying a big thank you to Russ.
He's awsome to deal with, very easy going guy, knows his stuff and is not all about money like most shops!

I got a Track kit as the car will be used at the track alot this summer. It is also driven daily
The reason I wanted the track kit is because I did not want something soft and bouncy, I wanted a harsher ride!

I've had many cars and went through many suspension setups, in the last couple of years I've had(not only for s2k)
-Buddy club coilovers
-Tein basic coilovers
-Tein monoflex
-skunk 2 pro-c
-skunk 2 pro-s
-K-sports

For the s2000 , I had Skunk 2 springs and ground control coilovers.

The package came in and the box had little dents on it here and there, but it is a real strong corrugated box it did not
damage anything inside!
Everything came nicely packed , all wrapped in bubble wrap and foam packs on the end of the coilovers!
Nothing can get damaged in this type of packaging thats for sure!!

Please note that i had removed the suspension out of the box prior to taking pics
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...g?t=1301623931

-First look
When i saw the suspension I was surprised, it is very well made, well constructed and looks really good.
Just by holding the suspension and seeing how its made will surprise you!
If i would compare it to the other suspensions i got(construction/material), I would compare it to tein.
If you had K-sports or BC racing next to it , you would see the difference thats for sure!

-Install
The install went really well, the suspension fits nice and snug, no pay where the bushings are and they come with nuts to replace the stock ones(welded on oem struts)

-Setting
The suspension is easy to adjust, no resistance in the adjustment nuts and easy to play with.
As for what I can see, These will not seize up that easy like some other coil overs. I still applied some grease to make sure nothing seized up later on.

-Height
You can literally sit your car on the ground with these coilovers, you can adjust them really low, or about .5" less than stock height.

-Damper/Rebound setting
Its as easy as turning the knob 0-30. the come at the soft setting from factory

My car with the suspension (before heading out to get painted and to get lots more stuff done to her

I will get more pics once she is out of the paint shop and more parts get installed on her

-Ride
Keep in mind that this is the track setup, in which cases most track setups are not street friendly at all.
The first run I had the car on soft setting, I was surprised, it still rode really well. I could really see myself riding on stock setting on a daily driven car.
Of-course it rides a little harsher than a stock suspension, but it is not that bad for the streets. I would recommend it to anyone.

Second drive I turned the knobs to 15 (didn't have the time to try all settings at this point), I felt a big difference in the suspension , it was stiffer and it had no body roll
It was a go kart!

Last drive I took before it went for paint was at 30. at this setting , its not made for street, it is a lot stiffer. this setting will be very good for the track or drifters.

All and all, this suspension is worth the $$ , I would hands down pick this suspension any day before getting any other suspensions I got. I felt as these were comparable to my tein monoflex I had in my race car. They handle really well,work awesome and looks dope!

I'm writing this message , I'm in no way affiliated with Russ. I just wanted to get the word out that this is not no cheap ass suspension kits.
If you have any questions about the suspension please contact Russ at (855)5-DGRUSA or go on his website Dgrsuspensions.com
Tell him Marc Sent you and maybe he can hook you up with a good deal
Old 04-01-2011, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the write up. I've talked to Russell, and agree he's a great guy that will try very hard to make sure you get what you need.

Did you have to add preload to the springs to get it to only drop .5"?

I've been considering these also. Not sure to go with the street or track. How do they handle expansion joints, and the sharper impacts?

Please share more driving impressions, that would help.

Thanks
Old 04-01-2011, 05:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome writeup, thanks. Let us know how they do on the track as well

What else are you getting done to your car?
Old 04-01-2011, 02:50 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi there, nice write up - and for the price seem to be a great buy. From what I read these coilovers don't have provision for brake lines - is that correct? If so how did you secure? I know zip ties are common but wondering whether there's a better alternative...