S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Going nuts! :(

Old 01-21-2012, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going nuts! :(

*Cliffs
- I've got F&F type-2 coilovers with eibach springs; How do I set pre-load?
- How can I tell when I've set the pre-load properly?
- How do I adjust my ride height?
- Yes I've searched but the spring and shock combo is throwing me off.

- Thanks guys.

*Story
My S has been giving me some trouble as of late and it's driving me nuts. Namely the suspension. I bought used function and form type-2 coilovers and after putting them on the car I noticed that the ride was well.. shitty. So I jacked the car up and I noticed that I could move the spring on each coilover around just using my hand. In other words there was a lot of play. So I did some research on s2ki and I read about "pre-load". Well, apparently pre-load comes set from the manufacturer and seeing as how it's obviously been adjusted, my warranty for the coilovers was now void. After glancing over the coils one more time I also noticed that they have red eibach springs on 'em. Unfortunately, that's all I can tell you. I don't have any other to distinguish what specific type they are. Beh. So I've been riding around with a bouncy S2000 that makes funny noises with my new(to me) suspension. I've taken a shot at adjusting the pre-load a couple times but it always comes out too tight or too loose and too make matters worse, I can't adjust my ride height either because the shock body won't twist when I turn the top 2 collars under the spring. Yes, I loosened the bottom collar.

To be honest, I feel like hell. I've got a bad catalytic converter that I'll have to replace with a test pipe, my suspension is giving me issues, I installed a new deck last night and it's giving me issues (thank God for warranty), and the ride quality is driving me nuts.

All I really want to know is a simple way to properly set the pre-load on the coilovers and a way to double-check and verify that I've done it right. I've searched and searched but because of these Eibach springs everything is thrown off. I don't know what the ideal pre-load is. All I want to do is get my suspension figured out.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adjust the perches all the way up until spring reaches the top and only adjust by the body or lower portion