S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

ISC Coilover Review

Old 12-24-2013, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISC Coilover Review

Hey Guys, I recently installed some ISC Coilovers on my AP2 and figured I would do a quick review since there is not a lot of feedback on these particular coilovers in the S2000 scene. I am not affiliated with ISC Suspension, but I will try to provide answers for whatever questions you might have. PICS are after all the text!

Coilover Brand: ISC Suspension (http://iscsuspension-na.com/)
Type of coilover: (N1) 32 way adjustable with mono tube design and separate ride height/preload adjustments.
Top hats: Front : Pillow Ball Rear: Aluminum top hat without pillowball
Spring Rates: Front: 12K Rear 10K ( This is the standard setup, but you can choose whatever you want for no extra charge)
Part Number: H020B
MSRP: $1250
Warranty: 5 year limited ( service done in USA )

First Impression:

When I first received the coilovers, I was happy to see they were packed well and were not damaged during shipping. They came fully assembled and came with some spanner wrenches, damping adjustment knobs, and a letter from ISC stating their 5 year no hassle warranty ( a big plus in my book). The coilovers looked to be good quality and everything I expected after seeing pictures online.

Installation:

Installation was very easy. I had no problem with fitment or anything like that. They provide brackets for the front brake hoses, so that was a nice feature since most other coilovers make you use zip ties. You will need to get your own nuts for the lower shock mount bolts since those are not included. I had extras laying around, so no big deal there. I lowered the car about 1" since I still needed some ride height for the winter, but these can go very low. You can see the one picture below with the front tire tucking, and I can get it to go about 2" lower than that if I wanted to.

Handling/Driving Impression

As stated before, I only lowered the car about 1" for now since the care is in "winter mode". The car handles much better than the stock suspension setup. I had the damping set up about 10 clicks from the hardest setting in the front and the rear. The softest setting feels even more comfortable than the stock suspension and is good if you have a ton of rough roads. I noticed a lot less oversteer and the car seems a lot more predictable and precise. I did not experience any strange noises or bottoming out during my test drives. Overall, it has been a night and day difference with the new ISC coilovers and I am very happy with the results. I have had a bunch of high end coilovers in the past with other vehicles, and these are very comparable in quality and performance.

Final Notes:

I will be lowering the car another inch or two once spring comes, so I will keep you all updated with any changes to the review. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them the best I can.

ISC Coilover Review-hhnqfy0.jpg
ISC Coilover Review-vkus9li.jpg
ISC Coilover Review-jxczrpr.jpg
ISC Coilover Review-2bcrvki.jpg
ISC Coilover Review-m6nxkjh.jpg
ISC Coilover Review-dvftgz0.jpg
ISC Coilover Review-gzm14he.jpg
ISC Coilover Review-tlvpph9.jpg
ISC Coilover Review-d3dva5e.jpg
ISC Coilover Review-ta7dhl9.jpg
ISC Coilover Review-0f1ottf.jpg
Old 01-10-2014, 06:05 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Good and accurate review. I have been racing using these for two seasons in SCCA EP, both in National and Regional road races. They have been great.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by s2000sccaracer
Good and accurate review. I have been racing using these for two seasons in SCCA EP, both in National and Regional road races. They have been great.

Have you needed to have them rebuilt at all?
Old 01-13-2014, 05:20 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

No need for rebuild so far. I have been thinking of sending them in over the winter for a check up, just to see how they are doing.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:27 PM

Had these on my Forester.
Good coils for the money and even better customer service to boot
Old 01-15-2014, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by s2kreepin
The customer service and rebuild option was one of the selling points for me. They rebuild them in Connecticut so the turnaround for a rebuild is quick.The legit 5 year warranty is also a plus.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:36 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Wonder how these compare to fortune 500s
Old 01-15-2014, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by first-s2k
Originally Posted by s2kreepin' timestamp='1389756425' post='22965701
The customer service and rebuild option was one of the selling points for me. They rebuild them in Connecticut so the turnaround for a rebuild is quick.The legit 5 year warranty is also a plus.
Close. Their headquarters is next door in Massachusetts.
The warranty replaces the shocks entirely, not just rebuild.
I only opted for the 1 year standard warranty and came in very handy

Originally Posted by RedCelica
Wonder how these compare to fortune 500s
Probably similar but I feel like Fortune 500s would have higher quality.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:45 AM

Update: I've had the ISC coilovers on the car for a while now and wanted to say they still ride really good. I had the dampers sett to a pretty dtiff setting before but dialed it back a bit due to the terrible roads around here. I haven't experienced any clunking or issues with the coilovers themselves. I also lowered the car a bit more when I got my new wheels on. I'm very happy with them so far and just wanted to pass the word along.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:38 PM

I've been considering these! The VW/Audi shop I go to highly carries/recommends ISC and has had good experiences with them. I know they're assembled in the USA but I wonder where they are manufactured

Also I noticed this on their page:
"ISC Suspension’s 5 year Limited Warranty does not apply to the following:
1. Any products that are used on public roads, highways, and or government maintained roads or non-motorsport roads or tracks.
2. Any products not purchased through an authorized ISC Suspension dealer. Dealer List can be found here: ISC Suspension Dealers
3. Any products that show abuse, improper installation, or collision.
4. Any products that have been altered in any way.
5. Seized Collars, ISC Suspension recommends using anti-seize on all collars to avoid this."

..So it appears they won't accept the warranty if they are used on the street. Do you know anything about this?

Quick Reply: ISC Coilover Review