S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

KW Clubsports and anti-roll/swaybar knock

Old 11-15-2013, 10:01 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Default KW Clubsports and anti-roll/swaybar knock

Hi

I have recently fitted my KW Clubsports with OEM top hats to my S2000 and they were fine until the other day they started knocking. When installing the coilovers the Sway bar end links on my Whiteline Sway bar were very very close to the shock body. I disconnected the sway bar links and gave the bar a knock with a mallet to move it more centrally and the noise has since stopped but im not happy with the very limited clearance between shock body and the sway bar links.

With the suspension fully compress there is a couple of mm's gap between the two and the knock comes from the balljoint endlink cup hitting the shock body. I have ordered some adjustable endlinks which will hopefully be narrower to provide abit more clearance.

The Whiteline ARB always seem to me to not really be that great where it bolts to the droplinks and could almost of done with being abit more curved and shaped away from the shock body. Does anyone have experience of the V3,Clubsport coilovers and the Eibach sway bars? Do they interfere with eachother? I know they have the welded rings on the bar to locate it centrally which is something the whiteline doesn't have. I do have the sway bar clamps they provide but they appear to still allow the bar to slid about as the way they clamp on doesn't provide enough pressure to prevent them sliding up and down the bar.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Would also be interested to hear what settings people run on the clubsports for trackday/racing as i will be doing some more trackdays in the coming months and would like to try out some settings.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:09 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i have V3's and Eibach bars - they don't seem to interfere.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:33 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

If the bar moves buy some collar clamps from mc master Carr to stop it. Should help a bit
Old 11-17-2013, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have v3's and a whiteline bar with no problems. maybe your endlinks are worn?
Old 11-18-2013, 10:01 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

+1 i agree with Boyguan on the collars. also maybe getting endlinks that have a smaller profile might help. im sure you preloaded before installing right?
Old 11-18-2013, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by iamxpL
+1 i agree with Boyguan on the collars. also maybe getting endlinks that have a smaller profile might help. im sure you preloaded before installing right?
I have brand new sway links fitted when i fitted the bar. It hasn't knocked since i took it all apart and reassemble, i need to double check the brake line bracket on the clubsports as the bolt that goes through might be hitting the shock.

I have collar clamps and i can see they have moved on the bar itself so i will have to slacken them off and retighten, they are designed for the whiteline bar so its quite frustrating that the bar has moved.

When you say preload what do you mean, it has equal ride height either side the equal length sway bar links so it doesn't need preloading as such? I have ordered some adjustable links so will give them a go as well.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:20 AM

anymore info on this.... I also have a bad knock and can see where my Cusco front sway rubs against my Tein coils.... its actually taken the paint off both front coilovers???
Old 11-22-2013, 10:34 PM

Mine havent knocked again since i dismantled everything and then reassembled. All i can think is that the bar must of move along abit and started knocking. Its odd that its not doing it anymore.

My adjustable links arrived this morning so i might try and fit them today and see if it enhances the clearance
Old 12-25-2013, 09:15 AM

What links did you buy....

Mine rubs on both sides so its not like I can move it right or left.... I also just lifted the car about a quarter to a half inch, it made the clunk even worse. And made my handling crap.... the back end cicks out all day
Old 12-29-2013, 05:29 AM

I have kept the OEM links for now and no knocks. I did adjust the sway bar collars and that seemed to make some difference.

I have done a trackday since and no knocks during the trackday either, it is strange. I did also tighten up the top mount nuts half a turn so maybe it was the top mount knocking.