S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

My s acts weird- please give advice

Old 06-22-2013, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My s acts weird- please give advice

Ever since I installed my new wheels, my back drivers side shock has been collapsing all over the place. I thought it was the shocks, so i put kwv3's on but it still just collapses in the rear during corners with that nice 'chirp' of hitting the bumper tab-only on the drivers side

I have a whiteline front sway, energy bushings, 514lb kwv3's all around set to kw recomended settings, and adjustable rear endlinks. how do I solve this or can someone explain the problem i am seeing better?
Old 06-23-2013, 11:56 AM

no one? car handles amazingly taking lefts, the drivers rear just collapses while going right
Old 06-24-2013, 06:52 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Nothing hanging down? What offset wheels? Do the KW recommended settings include ride height?
Old 06-24-2013, 09:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So if this has been an issue since putting your new wheels on, could the issue be with the fitment of the wheels and not with the suspension itself? That sounds like more of the issue to me.

The collapse you speak of if likely just suspension compression. Your newer wheels likely stick out further than the old wheels. When the car leans in turns, the wheel rubs the bumper getting you the chirping noise you are hearing.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by GT Motoring II
So if this has been an issue since putting your new wheels on, could the issue be with the fitment of the wheels and not with the suspension itself? That sounds like more of the issue to me.

The collapse you speak of if likely just suspension compression. Your newer wheels likely stick out further than the old wheels. When the car leans in turns, the wheel rubs the bumper getting you the chirping noise you are hearing.
for sure the wheels are rubbing, I have 255's on na2 nsx wheels and I need to relocate the tab. my question is 'why is it only on the drivers side that compresses like this?'
Old 06-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Unho1yghost
Originally Posted by GT Motoring II' timestamp='1372093535' post='22627562

for sure the wheels are rubbing, I have 255's on na2 nsx wheels and I need to relocate the tab. my question is 'why is it only on the drivers side that compresses like this?'
It's probably compressing the same, but you're only having contact on the drivers side. It could be a difference in camber left/right, the fact that you sit on the drivers side, so there is more weight to compress the suspension on that side, or the speculation that the left side track of the s2000 is slightly different than the right (5mm or so) to compensate for the driver. This last point hasn't been proven to my knowledge, but it has been shown that some people running spacers get the passenger side of the car flush, while the drivers side of the car needs an additional 5mm or so to meet the same "flushness" - something we've seen more than a few times.