S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Need replacement pads for Brembo GT BBK

Old 03-03-2010, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need replacement pads for Brembo GT BBK

Any suggestions? hard to find something that fits this application, or can someone refer me to a place that may help

Looking for something that has low brake dust, is rotor friendly, and good enough for the track.

thanks
Old 03-04-2010, 02:43 AM

I believe these would be Brembo PAD: 107.5146.31 Compund: HP 1000 as standard for the A-Type Calipers
These pads are fitted to a large amount of oem Brembo equipped vehicles so you should have good selection of manufactures/compounds available.

What type of driving do you do/intend to do??

The best pads on the Market are without doubt Pagid, Performance Friction and Ferodo.

Fast Road/Light to Medium Track: Pagid RS4-2 Blue or RS4-4 Orange Part No:E1408
Fast Road/Medium to Heavy Track: Pagid RS 29 Yellow Part No:E1408
They have the same pad part numbers so you will need to specify the compound when ordering.
The Pagid Catalogue can be downloaded here
http://www.racepads.co.uk/downloads/Pagid2009_BTUK.pdf

Ferodo also do a Pad Part No: FCP1348
Fast Road/Light to Medium Track: DS2500 (Direct Part No: FCP1348H)
Fast Road/Medium to Heavy Track: DS3000 (Direct Part No: FCP1348E)
They use the same partial pad part numbers so you will need to be careful specifying the compound when ordering as Ferodo offer a total of 6 different compounds in this pad pattern.
The DS range was developed by Ex-Pagid RS engineers so they are very, very close in performance (though Pagid are superior) but the Ferodo are about 1/3 of the price.

And finally
Performance Friction Pad Part No: 0592
Fast Road/Medium to Heavy Track: 97 Compound Part No: 0592.97.15.44

NOTE: All the pads which are able to take the heavier track use tend to be noisier than the Fast Road/Light Track use ones

In order of personal preference (performance only, not from a price point) from 1st to 3rd. For mainly fast road use I would go Pagid, Ferodo then PF but for more track orientated, Pagid, PF and then Ferodo. Pagid will be the most expensive with PF about 2/3rds the price and Ferodo about 1/3rd the price. Pagid would always be my first choice regardless of their use. From a cost vs performance point of view the Ferodo DS's are unbeatable.

I've used a huge number of manufacturers and compounds including all of the above compounds many times for road and race and ones listed above are without doubt the ones best available.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:40 AM

Pagid is a huge brake manufacturer, making lots of stuff like drum shoes for 18 wheelers and buses. I have run them and they stop VERY well but DO make quite a lot of noise, and generate lots of very dark brake dust. Just my two cents.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by BrakeExpert,Mar 4 2010, 10:40 AM
Pagid is a huge brake manufacturer, making lots of stuff like drum shoes for 18 wheelers and buses. I have run them and they stop VERY well but DO make quite a lot of noise, and generate lots of very dark brake dust. Just my two cents.
That's a quite a general statement. Can you qualifying it by telling us which models you are talking about??
The Pagid RS4-2-1 Black, RS4-2 Blue and RS4-4 Orange are I would say probably the quietest and least dusty in class. We have also found they produce less disc wear than others in class.
I currently run RS4-4's on both mine and the Mrs BMW's, both of which are fitted with the BMW Performance (Brembo) 6pot Front/2Pot Rear Kits and RS4-2's on the Quantum Xtreme fitted with AP Racing 4pot front/2pot rear's. They are definitely quieter and less dusty than any others targeted at the same market point and they have the best outright performance.

The Challenge car that I compete with runs RS29's on AP 6Pots and I'm more than happy with their performance though longevity and dust are not an issue in this case, only their ultimate performance is important.

I still say if it's cost vs performance the Ferodo DS2500 are the top choice, their not noisy but they are a little dusty although no more so than any other for their target market.