S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

OEM CALIPERS OR AFTERMARKET REPLACEMENT

Old 06-05-2016, 02:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default OEM CALIPERS OR AFTERMARKET REPLACEMENT

Hey guys,
Just realized a few days ago my car was shaking for no apparent reason since my wheels are not bent,tires are fine and suspension is fine as well. After having it diagnosed by my friend he realized my front drivers side wheel wasn't spinning as freely as the other. After taking the brakes apart we realize the one caliper is almost seized causing that brake pad to be worn out pretty bad compared to the others. I'm not a tech but he recommended I just replace it so I'm taking his advice. My question is should I get oem calipers or after market ones like centric,cardone,beck arnely etc. I'm currently running stoptech crossdrilled/slotted rotors and am very happy with them so I'm not shy about getting away from oem if its a good thing. I'm not getting a big brake kit cause my current wheels are a little aggressive and they wont fit besides I wouldn't use the bbk to its potential so would be a waste of money to me.

Thanks
Rosario717
Old 06-05-2016, 04:38 PM

Received 403 Likes on 338 Posts

OE Replacement are usually just rebuilt OEM calipers. They're not particularly expensive, or special, but they sure get the job done. The rears are more expensive. To prevent this in the future make sure you change your brake fluid no later than once every 3 years regardless of mileage, or 36,000 miles whichever comes first.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:34 PM

Received 195 Likes on 155 Posts

taeusedautoparts813 Rosie check out this seller on eBay. Good pricing and fast shipper too. I have personally purchased two set from them with no problems. Or just result the originals man. Best of luck sir.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:46 AM

Received 557 Likes on 389 Posts

I'd go with with OEM Nissen calipers. You can do a core exchange for your used calipers and get a fresh rebuilt set. I did it with my rears.

went through Majestic Honda. They're super easy to deal with.

https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/