S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Ohlins dfv

Old 05-09-2016, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ohlins dfv

Been messing with my ohlins dfv for quite some time. Set to ohlins factory spec. 2 mm preload. Bought them from evasive motorsports. Also had the purple street poly bushings installed as well as an eibach front sway bar on softest setting. Running 245s michelins pss squared all around with 2 amps, trunk tool well 10" jlw10 65lb custom sub enclosue. The ride has been quite jarring and bumpy on these SoCal streets. I even switch to some swift sport springs on oem shocks and the ride quality was just as bad if not worse. So after hearing many good compliments of Patrick from Urge. I decided to give him a call and after some quick email replies, he suggested of trying softer swift springs just for the rear. They were $178 shipped and received within a couple of days. The rear ohlins springs are now switched to the front and new softer swift springs are now in the rear. After playing around with the stiffness adjusters I finally settled on 5 from full soft front and 5 from full soft rear. And let me tell the ride has never been better. Soaks up bumps and potholes so well I cannot believe. Obviously more compliant than stock suspension. Thr car also corners like no other!!!
I have 3 compress disc in my lower back as well 3 disc bulge in my neck. So you can see why I'm loving this setup. Like I've said I've been messing with the ohlins for quite some time and now with the help from Patrick and a good corner balance from Westend alignments in Gardena. I'm safe to say my suspension is done. For those with the same setup as mine I would highly recommend the softer swift springs in the rear if you are experiencing the same issue as me. Pm me for any questions. Sonic ITBs are next on the agenda!!!
Old 05-09-2016, 02:16 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

First review I've read where someone goes with softer spring rates, but after reading about your medical conditions it makes sense. What doesn't make sense -to me- is your choice in sports car. A grand touring sports car sounds more up your alley.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:16 PM

Received 344 Likes on 321 Posts

Sounds very civilized
Have not tried going softer than 17 from full hard on the out of box 10/8 kgs,am tempted going softer on the rebound/compression knob,1 or 2 clicks,the control of the damping on Ohlins DFV is very impressive.
Would also like to upgrade the front ARB at some point in the future,
as soft as I can get it with the ARB sounds a way forwards thus keeping the compliance for the roads conditions.
Edit:
Nope, 19 is a little too soft on country roads around here, 17 it is..
Old 05-11-2016, 11:28 AM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Nice, what ratings are the springs that you went with?
Old 05-13-2016, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mozzymoz
Been messing with my ohlins dfv for quite some time. Set to ohlins factory spec. 2 mm preload. Bought them from evasive motorsports. Also had the purple street poly bushings installed as well as an eibach front sway bar on softest setting. Running 245s michelins pss squared all around with 2 amps, trunk tool well 10" jlw10 65lb custom sub enclosue. The ride has been quite jarring and bumpy on these SoCal streets. I even switch to some swift sport springs on oem shocks and the ride quality was just as bad if not worse. So after hearing many good compliments of Patrick from Urge. I decided to give him a call and after some quick email replies, he suggested of trying softer swift springs just for the rear. They were $178 shipped and received within a couple of days. The rear ohlins springs are now switched to the front and new softer swift springs are now in the rear. After playing around with the stiffness adjusters I finally settled on 5 from full soft front and 5 from full soft rear. And let me tell the ride has never been better. Soaks up bumps and potholes so well I cannot believe. Obviously more compliant than stock suspension. Thr car also corners like no other!!!
I have 3 compress disc in my lower back as well 3 disc bulge in my neck. So you can see why I'm loving this setup. Like I've said I've been messing with the ohlins for quite some time and now with the help from Patrick and a good corner balance from Westend alignments in Gardena. I'm safe to say my suspension is done. For those with the same setup as mine I would highly recommend the softer swift springs in the rear if you are experiencing the same issue as me. Pm me for any questions. Sonic ITBs are next on the agenda!!!
Shoot me a PM, I'll let you in on a little info regarding setting these things up if you want it. Softer springs are not what I'd recommend.