S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Ohlins DFV's installed

Old 08-09-2015, 08:28 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ES2K
What sway bars; settings are you running?

Stock swaybars and links front and rear. The shocks are 8 clicks out on the front and 10 clicks out on the rear.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:38 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Stock swaybars and links front and rear. The shocks are 8 clicks out on the front and 10 clicks out on the rear.
[/quote]

Interesting; it seems that an increase in spring rates minimizes the need for bigger sway bars; keeps the suspension more independent.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:02 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

So I finally was able to get the car to work and take a look at it. I went over the top nuts and the bottom bolts/nuts and didn't find anything loose. I then proceeded to remove the front sway bar and went on a little test drive. Still clunking. So back in the air it went. I started checking everything related to the suspension. Low and behold the upper control arm bolts were loose on the left side. I tightened them up and she is riding nice and smooth now with no noises. I left the upper control arm bolts and lower shock bolts loose when I installed the suspension and went back over and tightened them on the alignment rack to neutralize the bushings, but I must have not tightened the left side enough, or just plain forgot about it. Either way, the noise was of no fault to the Ohlins shocks themselves. I still have to give this setup two big thumbs up.

I need to realign it to make sure everything is squared away, but I was done for the night since it was so late. I'll go at it again tomorrow.