S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Need help with ABS

Old 06-07-2016, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with ABS

Hello everyone, I have searched and probably read every single abs thread on here but it hasn't helped me with my issue.
I'll start with the back story:
I recently installed coilovers, including swapping my cv cups. I believe I stretched the abs line a little too much, resulting in the abs light appearing.
I used a multimeter to confirm.
I replaced my driver sensor and the light was still on so I replaced the passenger one too. Because the resistance on the driver one was less than the passenger and so I assumed it was good.
After installing and still have a light on I check the resistance of my two front good ones (duh) and they were the same as the passenger one I originally had, and the passenger one I just bought.
It appears I bought a bad driver side one because the resistance is not the same as the other 3
Well being cheap, I put my original passenger one on my driver side and the light went out.
So I took her for a test drive and did some hard braking to see, and my brake pedal felt really weird it was making a clicking sound and I could feel it in the pedal as well at the same time it made the sound. That is until the light came back on, and presto the clicking noise and pedal feel stopped.
Edit: it did also lock up while making the sound and feeling in the pedal.

I checked the code by shorting 4-9 on the obd2 plug and have the codes 17 and 24 (rear left sensor and the rear left spinning thing with the teeth that activates the sensor)
Switched my sensors back and forth to see if the code changed but it didn't. It stayed on my rear left even with the new sensor.
The wheel is in good shape I already checked all of the teeth and cleaned everything.

I have no idea what to do now.
Sorry for the long post lol
Old 07-21-2016, 03:52 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The "spinning thing with teeth" is called a tone ring, there are other names but in industry it is a tone ring. If the tone ring is in good condition and the issue does not follow the sensor when you move it then unfortunately it is likely in the chassis side harness. Check the connector on the chassis side harness and make sure the pins are seated and in good condition. Past that you will likely have to check the harness with a multimeter at both the ABS module and and the wheel speed sensor.